2017 membership

To end the negativity in this thread and end the public airing of this issue, I’ve sent a letter to Katie Lio/EFC re my issues with the EFC, in part, essentially as follows:

Dear Catherine

After publicly intervening in my still unresolved issues with my 35 year membership of the EFC, on the 17th February, I assume in your capacity as a Director of the EFC, you posted on “Bomberblitz”, the following:

“I have spoken to both the membership department and Robert.
I’m not going to share confidential information regarding those conversations.”

As you are well aware in fact I’ve never spoken to you in my life, either on the phone or in person.

Nor for that matter have I spoken to anyone from the EFC, despite attempts, other than the call on Jan 11 which sparked my initial post and my call 3 weeks ago, that apparently didn’t deserve a call back.

Respectfully, the only contact I’ve ever had from you IN ANY FORM is 2 pm’s, with one dating back to July 2016, both via bomberblitz:

• A pm in response to my pm TO YOU last July (2016) wherein I informed you of my serious ongoing health issues and you suggested you’d find out what the club normally does in these situations and get back to me.

• The ONLY other pm (in response to my Jan 11 post) is one wherein you stated, post your intervention, the club would resolve this issue by offering certain things - an offer that as far as I’m aware never eventuated.

The ONLY other contact I’ve ever had from you, in any form whatsoever, is another pm solely fixing a typo.

I have not, as yet, received any follow up nor action from anyone including the EFC to either of these pm’s, your intervention or other posts.

The balance of the letter relating to this and other other issues is at this point private and addressed to Ms. Lio and the EFC

It’s my view that it’s unlikely Blitz will benefit from this sort of a debate continuing as it stands at the moment.

I can’t see any point in continuing this discussion so publicly and have accordingly removed/edited previous posts with a view to facilitating an end to what should have been a simple honouring of the original agreement between a seriously ill long term member and the Club.

I’ve done what I can to take this discussion off board in a way that respects the standards Blitz should expect from both posters and their, very publicly, elected representatives.

My health issues wont allow me to waste any more very precious time on this.

“In my opinion, the difference between being on a board for an AFL club comes down to one thing: You must not choose revenue over the values of your customers & shareholders. The customers being your staff & players. A club is a business, it must be profitable - but it should also be run like a small family business, where everyone has a right to an opinion. This, above all, is why I felt it necessary to nominate. We all deserve to have a voice.”

Catherine Lio
“Bomberblitz” November 2014.

I only get a membership so I can get a new lanyard, stickers and fixture. My ticket and seat are just a bonus.

I don’t know why I get a membership, I just do.

Hang in there, robertsharron.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but I think you will get more value from coming to Blitz than you will get from yet another AFL franchise.

For example, they have not even dignified my membership email query with a reply for the last week.

But if the Club doesn’t even worry about Jobe and his Brownlow, what chance do the rest of us plebs have?

Do you actually believe the bolded part or are you just trying to be controversial?

This place does my head in sometimes.

I am sorry I must have missed all the public comments they have made on this issue fighting the AFL over this. If your head is not quite done in, maybe you can provide links to this material.
I was really enjoying this thread when it was all about how our membership numbers were tracking and how happy we were that Membership records were going to tumble. The thread has now taken a turn to negative town. The level of whinging over the yearly trinkets we get as part of our packages is amazing. As for the constant whinging about the Membership Department, well that ■■■■ is Saga like. Be a member and be happy ffs.

So keep quiet and make sure things never improve?

How does whinging in here help improve things; whinge to the club.

Just shareholders sharing

I was really enjoying this thread when it was all about how our membership numbers were tracking and how happy we were that Membership records were going to tumble. The thread has now taken a turn to negative town. The level of whinging over the yearly trinkets we get as part of our packages is amazing. As for the constant whinging about the Membership Department, well that ■■■■ is Saga like. Be a member and be happy ffs.

So keep quiet and make sure things never improve?

How does whinging in here help improve things; whinge to the club.

I wouldn’t bother with Efc listens though, they only reply when they feel like it

So the club, was happy to take money for digital memberships, promoting tablet use, but now just throw their hands up and say it is nothing to do with us, which they have just done on twitter.

Why cant this club get things right?

Ffs, some of you will blame the club for everything, whether it’s their fault or not. This is happening to supporters of all clubs. The AFL claimed the product was something it wasn’t and the clubs took them in good faith. And no, they can’t do squat because the product is what it is, and comes from the AFL not the club.

If you want to ■■■■■ about it and demand something is done, ■■■■■ to the AFL

So you think they couldn’t have stopped advertising tablet compatibility,? Sent out an email apologising in advance, instead of members finding out the hard way?

If they are selling a digital membership, which is exactly what it is promoted as, then they have to be on top of what the product they are selling is. You maybe happy to settle, but i expect, if i pay for something, it is what i pay for, and if it isnt I dont expect to find out on my own that it has changed.

Unless this was only announced just prior to the first bounce, absolutely no excuses.

So instead of ■■■■■■■■ at other posters who are ■■■■■■ off at mediocrity, try not being such a shill.

It means nothing, but i didn’t know about this, nor did a friend who works at Fox Footy digital until last night when it hit social.

You wonder why people use dodgy betting websites to check out the games, but you couldn’t even watch the JTL on a dodgy website.

The phone app has the club song, which I found useful the other day on the train - the bloke behind me playing videos at full volume got the hint. A few months ago I made a suggestion to “EFC listens” that they add an air-raid siren to the app so fans at home games could hit the button at the same(ish) time as the main one starts up and ramp the volume to excruciating levels. Yeah it’d be messy, but what a racket.

Nothing back yet. Now I get that a lot of people reading this will find the idea a bit naff, but whatever, it’s an attempt to contribute and deserves some sort of response. The thing is that the club’s really trying to improve on that front but they seem to be unable to get it together. Dunno if they’re underfunding that area or maybe there are cultural problems but I hope they can fix the situation because the whole member engagement thing’s crucial to long-term success.

The phone app has the club song, which I found useful the other day on the train - the bloke behind me playing videos at full volume got the hint. A few months ago I made a suggestion to "EFC listens" that they add an air-raid siren to the app so fans at home games could hit the button at the same(ish) time as the main one starts up and ramp the volume to excruciating levels. Yeah it'd be messy, but what a racket.

Nothing back yet. Now I get that a lot of people reading this will find the idea a bit naff, but whatever, it’s an attempt to contribute and deserves some sort of response. The thing is that the club’s really trying to improve on that front but they seem to be unable to get it together. Dunno if they’re underfunding that area or maybe there are cultural problems but I hope they can fix the situation because the whole member engagement thing’s crucial to long-term success.

No.

The air raid siren at the ground is ■■■■ enough, don’t need a peanut gallery adding to it, itd be like saints pumping crowd noises through the speakers.

Hang in there, robertsharron.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but I think you will get more value from coming to Blitz than you will get from yet another AFL franchise.

For example, they have not even dignified my membership email query with a reply for the last week.

But if the Club doesn’t even worry about Jobe and his Brownlow, what chance do the rest of us plebs have?

Do you actually believe the bolded part or are you just trying to be controversial?

This place does my head in sometimes.

I am sorry I must have missed all the public comments they have made on this issue fighting the AFL over this. If your head is not quite done in, maybe you can provide links to this material.

I’m not going to turn this into another Saga thread but if you honestly believe that, why do you still support the club? If I thought the club didn’t give a fk about one its favourite sons then I would give it away. It’s that simple.

To end the negativity in this thread and end the public airing of this issue, I've sent a letter to Katie Lio/EFC re my issues with the EFC, in part, essentially as follows:

Dear Catherine

After publicly intervening in my still unresolved issues with my 35 year membership of the EFC, on the 17th February, I assume in your capacity as a Director of the EFC, you posted on “Bomberblitz”, the following:

“I have spoken to both the membership department and Robert.
I’m not going to share confidential information regarding those conversations.”

As you are well aware in fact I’ve never spoken to you in my life, either on the phone or in person.

Nor for that matter have I spoken to anyone from the EFC, despite attempts, other than the call on Jan 11 which sparked my initial post and my call 3 weeks ago, that apparently didn’t deserve a call back.

Respectfully, the only contact I’ve ever had from you IN ANY FORM is 2 pm’s, with one dating back to July 2016, both via bomberblitz:

• A pm in response to my pm TO YOU last July (2016) wherein I informed you of my serious ongoing health issues and you suggested you’d find out what the club normally does in these situations and get back to me.

• The ONLY other pm (in response to my Jan 11 post) is one wherein you stated, post your intervention, the club would resolve this issue by offering certain things - an offer that as far as I’m aware never eventuated.

The ONLY other contact I’ve ever had from you, in any form whatsoever, is another pm solely fixing a typo.

I have not, as yet, received any follow up nor action from anyone including the EFC to either of these pm’s, your intervention or other posts.

The balance of the letter relating to this and other other issues is at this point private and addressed to Ms. Lio and the EFC

It’s my view that it’s unlikely Blitz will benefit from this sort of a debate continuing as it stands at the moment.

I can’t see any point in continuing this discussion so publicly and have accordingly removed/edited previous posts with a view to facilitating an end to what should have been a simple honouring of the original agreement between a seriously ill long term member and the Club.

I’ve done what I can to take this discussion off board in a way that respects the standards Blitz should expect from both posters and their, very publicly, elected representatives.

My health issues wont allow me to waste any more very precious time on this.

“In my opinion, the difference between being on a board for an AFL club comes down to one thing: You must not choose revenue over the values of your customers & shareholders. The customers being your staff & players. A club is a business, it must be profitable - but it should also be run like a small family business, where everyone has a right to an opinion. This, above all, is why I felt it necessary to nominate. We all deserve to have a voice.”

Catherine Lio
“Bomberblitz” November 2014.

I’d be most disappointed if the above is what has transpired. The Lio/Cousins duo promised (for want of a better word), if elected to the board, to represent the members. I sincerely hope that is the case for you robertsharron. Hopefully this whole thing is a simple miscommunication or misunderstanding and the appropriate action taken to achieve a suitable & fair outcome for all parties.

The phone app has the club song, which I found useful the other day on the train - the bloke behind me playing videos at full volume got the hint. A few months ago I made a suggestion to "EFC listens" that they add an air-raid siren to the app so fans at home games could hit the button at the same(ish) time as the main one starts up and ramp the volume to excruciating levels. Yeah it'd be messy, but what a racket.

No.

The air raid siren at the ground is ■■■■ enough, don’t need a peanut gallery adding to it, itd be like saints pumping crowd noises through the speakers.

We were doing it at the back end of last season. Dark times indeed. Oh and no goal music this year please.

No.

We were doing it at the back end of last season. Dark times indeed. Oh and no goal music this year please.

it wouldnt be half bad if they got rid of the crumby recorded chant sample at the end. also a few different songs instead of the one same song over and over

No.

Do you ever, ever, get the feeling that you’re missing the point?

How do I get my hands on a Bombers Magazine? Is it supposed to be part of the membership package?

Please no recorded crowd or goal music. Don’t mind the siren at the start, coming out of 'phones sounds good too as long as it’s not too long and not deafening nearby supporters. Expensive having our OH&S lawyers on retainer.

LETS GET LOUD

No.

Do you ever, ever, get the feeling that you’re missing the point?

Maybe I just hate the air raid siren.

The air raid siren was SO much better when it was just played over the speakers rather than having a fan at ground level ‘wind up’ the siren LOL

Must… Resist… Impulse buy…