2017 membership

Must.... Resist... Impulse buy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAND-MOUNT-LOUD-HAND-CRANK-MANUAL-OPERATED-AIR-RAID-ALARM-METAL-PORTABLE-SIREN-/361336911374

A while ago I thought playing this as the boys ran out might be the go, but when I checked, the siren didnā€™t go for as long as I thought I remembered it did, also, itā€™s a bit old, and would be unfamiliar to the younger crowd. But I suppose a copy could be made where the siren could be looped for 30 secs to however long, and also, it wouldnā€™t take people long to get to know it either, thereā€™s still many about who do know it. (Although perhaps not for long :wink: )

Thereā€™s copywrite to be sorted when any tune is used at the footy in this way, but I donā€™t know if it would be an issue to change just one line in the first verse, and keep the sirens going throughout, ā€¦it would be perfect if so,ā€¦I reckon,ā€¦ could become a real signature for us .

Ahh Ahhh, Ahh Ahhh
You better beware, you better take care
You better watch out if youā€™ve got long black hair youā€™re in the Bombers lair
Keep looking behind, youā€™ll go out of your mind
You better not go, you never know what youā€™ll find
Ahh Ahh Ahh, Ahh Ahhh

Maybe The Sweet could do a rewrite and even perform it, to get some exposure, and perhaps sales, ala Status Quo /Coles.

Or maybe theyā€™re all dead now & this is just a silly idea. Flame away.

If I did buy one, first thing would be to remove the hand crank and set it up so I can attach my cordless drill. When itā€™s done at our games it sounds so impotent itā€™s almost laughable. Either change the gearing in it or go with my option. Reckon Iā€™d be allowed to take it to a gameā€¦?

Please no.

Lol as if I could be arsed lugging it around.

Lol as if I could be arsed lugging it around.

I was responding to BSD Gillsy.

Personally, Iā€™d lug around an air raid siren if I had seats behind the opposition cheer squad.

I love the siren.
Itā€™s the only reason I go to the footy.
I adore it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAND-MOUNT-LOUD-HAND-CRANK-MANUAL-OPERATED-AIR-RAID-ALARM-METAL-PORTABLE-SIREN-/361336911374

We need.to buy a bunch of them for the cheer squad so they can make some noise rather than doing the same fking ā€œwe are essendonā€ chant for 2 and a half hours

A while ago I thought playing this as the boys ran out might be the go, but when I checked, the siren didnā€™t go for as long as I thought I remembered it did, also, itā€™s a bit old, and would be unfamiliar to the younger crowd. But I suppose a copy could be made where the siren could be looped for 30 secs to however long, and also, it wouldnā€™t take people long to get to know it either, thereā€™s still many about who do know it. (Although perhaps not for long :wink: )

Thereā€™s copywrite to be sorted when any tune is used at the footy in this way, but I donā€™t know if it would be an issue to change just one line in the first verse, and keep the sirens going throughout, ā€¦it would be perfect if so,ā€¦I reckon,ā€¦ could become a real signature for us .

Ahh Ahhh, Ahh Ahhh
You better beware, you better take care
You better watch out if youā€™ve got long black hair youā€™re in the Bombers lair
Keep looking behind, youā€™ll go out of your mind
You better not go, you never know what youā€™ll find
Ahh Ahh Ahh, Ahh Ahhh

Maybe The Sweet could do a rewrite and even perform it, to get some exposure, and perhaps sales, ala Status Quo /Coles.

Or maybe theyā€™re all dead now & this is just a silly idea. Flame away.

Ye gads no!

I thought this was a membership thread??

The air raid siren was SO much better when it was just played over the speakers rather than having a fan at ground level 'wind up' the siren LOL

Yep agreed. I liked it when it was played over the speakers. Wish they were able to turn down the lights as well as they players came in. Early on it was played too early so by the time the players came up the tunnel the siren had long stopped.

The air raid siren with the fans was just plain stupid.

I thought this was a membership thread??

Youā€™re right, it was.

To end the negativity in this thread and end the public airing of this issue, I've sent a letter to Katie Lio/EFC re my issues with the EFC, in part, essentially as follows:

Dear Catherine

After publicly intervening in my still unresolved issues with my 35 year membership of the EFC, on the 17th February, I assume in your capacity as a Director of the EFC, you posted on ā€œBomberblitzā€, the following:

ā€œI have spoken to both the membership department and Robert.
Iā€™m not going to share confidential information regarding those conversations.ā€

As you are well aware in fact Iā€™ve never spoken to you in my life, either on the phone or in person.

Nor for that matter have I spoken to anyone from the EFC, despite attempts, other than the call on Jan 11 which sparked my initial post and my call 3 weeks ago, that apparently didnā€™t deserve a call back.

Respectfully, the only contact Iā€™ve ever had from you IN ANY FORM is 2 pmā€™s, with one dating back to July 2016, both via bomberblitz:

ā€¢ A pm in response to my pm TO YOU last July (2016) wherein I informed you of my serious ongoing health issues and you suggested youā€™d find out what the club normally does in these situations and get back to me.

ā€¢ The ONLY other pm (in response to my Jan 11 post) is one wherein you stated, post your intervention, the club would resolve this issue by offering certain things - an offer that as far as Iā€™m aware never eventuated.

The ONLY other contact Iā€™ve ever had from you, in any form whatsoever, is another pm solely fixing a typo.

I have not, as yet, received any follow up nor action from anyone including the EFC to either of these pmā€™s, your intervention or other posts.

The balance of the letter relating to this and other other issues is at this point private and addressed to Ms. Lio and the EFC

Itā€™s my view that itā€™s unlikely Blitz will benefit from this sort of a debate continuing as it stands at the moment.

I canā€™t see any point in continuing this discussion so publicly and have accordingly removed/edited previous posts with a view to facilitating an end to what should have been a simple honouring of the original agreement between a seriously ill long term member and the Club.

Iā€™ve done what I can to take this discussion off board in a way that respects the standards Blitz should expect from both posters and their, very publicly, elected representatives.

My health issues wont allow me to waste any more very precious time on this.

ā€œIn my opinion, the difference between being on a board for an AFL club comes down to one thing: You must not choose revenue over the values of your customers & shareholders. The customers being your staff & players. A club is a business, it must be profitable - but it should also be run like a small family business, where everyone has a right to an opinion. This, above all, is why I felt it necessary to nominate. We all deserve to have a voice.ā€

Catherine Lio
ā€œBomberblitzā€ November 2014.

Iā€™d be most disappointed if the above is what has transpired. The Lio/Cousins duo promised (for want of a better word), if elected to the board, to represent the members. I sincerely hope that is the case for you robertsharron. Hopefully this whole thing is a simple miscommunication or misunderstanding and the appropriate action taken to achieve a suitable & fair outcome for all parties.

To be fair Katie Lioā€™s not responsible for this stuff up. She was the one person at the club who actually tried to sort it out.
It could have been handled better by everybody including me. Other events have overtaken things recently in a way Iā€™ve struggled with.
Iā€™ve communicated that privateky to Katie and would ask this to put to rest as far as blitz is concenred.

My healthhas deteriorated so significantly over the past few weeks looks like Iā€™ll be back in hospital shortly not somethig Iā€™d hoped for at this time
at this point in time there are many many more important things in life than all this
hug your kids and enjoy the sunshine - If I get the chance, I hope too.

To end the negativity in this thread and end the public airing of this issue, I've sent a letter to Katie Lio/EFC re my issues with the EFC, in part, essentially as follows:

Dear Catherine

After publicly intervening in my still unresolved issues with my 35 year membership of the EFC, on the 17th February, I assume in your capacity as a Director of the EFC, you posted on ā€œBomberblitzā€, the following:

ā€œI have spoken to both the membership department and Robert.
Iā€™m not going to share confidential information regarding those conversations.ā€

As you are well aware in fact Iā€™ve never spoken to you in my life, either on the phone or in person.

Nor for that matter have I spoken to anyone from the EFC, despite attempts, other than the call on Jan 11 which sparked my initial post and my call 3 weeks ago, that apparently didnā€™t deserve a call back.

Respectfully, the only contact Iā€™ve ever had from you IN ANY FORM is 2 pmā€™s, with one dating back to July 2016, both via bomberblitz:

ā€¢ A pm in response to my pm TO YOU last July (2016) wherein I informed you of my serious ongoing health issues and you suggested youā€™d find out what the club normally does in these situations and get back to me.

ā€¢ The ONLY other pm (in response to my Jan 11 post) is one wherein you stated, post your intervention, the club would resolve this issue by offering certain things - an offer that as far as Iā€™m aware never eventuated.

The ONLY other contact Iā€™ve ever had from you, in any form whatsoever, is another pm solely fixing a typo.

I have not, as yet, received any follow up nor action from anyone including the EFC to either of these pmā€™s, your intervention or other posts.

The balance of the letter relating to this and other other issues is at this point private and addressed to Ms. Lio and the EFC

Itā€™s my view that itā€™s unlikely Blitz will benefit from this sort of a debate continuing as it stands at the moment.

I canā€™t see any point in continuing this discussion so publicly and have accordingly removed/edited previous posts with a view to facilitating an end to what should have been a simple honouring of the original agreement between a seriously ill long term member and the Club.

Iā€™ve done what I can to take this discussion off board in a way that respects the standards Blitz should expect from both posters and their, very publicly, elected representatives.

My health issues wont allow me to waste any more very precious time on this.

ā€œIn my opinion, the difference between being on a board for an AFL club comes down to one thing: You must not choose revenue over the values of your customers & shareholders. The customers being your staff & players. A club is a business, it must be profitable - but it should also be run like a small family business, where everyone has a right to an opinion. This, above all, is why I felt it necessary to nominate. We all deserve to have a voice.ā€

Catherine Lio
ā€œBomberblitzā€ November 2014.

Iā€™d be most disappointed if the above is what has transpired. The Lio/Cousins duo promised (for want of a better word), if elected to the board, to represent the members. I sincerely hope that is the case for you robertsharron. Hopefully this whole thing is a simple miscommunication or misunderstanding and the appropriate action taken to achieve a suitable & fair outcome for all parties.

To be fair Katie Lioā€™s not responsible for this stuff up. She was the one person at the club who actually tried to sort it out.
It could have been handled better by everybody including me. Other events have overtaken things recently in a way Iā€™ve struggled with.
Iā€™ve communicated that privateky to Katie and would ask this to put to rest as far as blitz is concenred.

My healthhas deteriorated so significantly over the past few weeks looks like Iā€™ll be back in hospital shortly not somethig Iā€™d hoped for at this time
at this point in time there are many many more important things in life than all this
hug your kids and enjoy the sunshine - If I get the chance, I hope too.

Sorry to hear that RS. I hope things improve for you.

I was really enjoying this thread when it was all about how our membership numbers were tracking and how happy we were that Membership records were going to tumble. The thread has now taken a turn to negative town. The level of whinging over the yearly trinkets we get as part of our packages is amazing. As for the constant whinging about the Membership Department, well that ā– ā– ā– ā–  is Saga like. Be a member and be happy ffs.

So keep quiet and make sure things never improve?

Say your piece, Just donā€™t turn it into the comments section from the Herald Sun.

Hmm, a real dichotomy in these two interweaving convos in this thread, ā€¦ and one of them really highlights the triviality of the other ā€¦

I bet Rob Sharron only wishes to hold his thin, supposedly pathetic M/ship card, and all the apparently sub standard accoutrements that come with it, and to use them this year, ā€¦ next, ā€¦ and hopefully a few well beyond, to watch his life long supported team play.

Thread is a real leveller, maybe thereā€™s a few that should have a ponder.

I love the siren. It's the only reason I go to the footy. I adore it.
I love the siren at the end of the game when we're in front.
Hmm, a real dichotomy in these two interweaving convos in this thread, .. and one of them really highlights the triviality of the other ...

I bet Rob Sharron only wishes to hold his thin, supposedly pathetic M/ship card, and all the apparently sub standard accoutrements that come with it, and to use them this year, ā€¦ next, ā€¦ and hopefully a few well beyond, to watch his life long supported team play.

Thread is a real leveller, maybe thereā€™s a few that should have a ponder.

If weā€™re being honest, the lanyard gets tossed, so does the badge. I never wear the scarf as I have one thatā€™s 20+ years old and has many wonderful football memories associated with it. The fixture goes up on the fridge but I donā€™t really use it. I just enjoy watching Essendon games. Iā€™d prefer to tick a box to prevent any merch being sent to me. Maybe thatā€™s something EFC should consider.

I love the siren. It's the only reason I go to the footy. I adore it.
I love the siren at the end of the game when we're in front.

Round 2 2015 anyone?

https://youtu.be/XTyN0-nF59Y

Legitimately 4 outstanding highlights here in 2 minutes 3 of which were things of legend.

1. Colyer using his pace and controlling his kick for an excellent team goal.
  2. Hookerā€™s ā€œWhat the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell is he doing there?ā€ reverse torp goal to take the lead.
  3. Ambruise burying Hill
  4. A barely audible, over the crowd noise, siren ending the game a moment before Bruest kicking it through the goal posts for no score, thank fark the game wasnā€™t at Launceston.

Then there was the EFC campaign mail suggesting I treat myself to some extravagant package when I was trying to keep ahead of the bills. That has now stopped for me.