2017 MRP/Tribunal

Liam Shiels avoids 1 week ban for a strike and won’t miss opener vs Essendon.

Jack Frost to miss 1 week for Brisbane for rough conduct and set to return against Essendon in round 2.

I’m staggered Shiels isn’t serving at least a 1 game suspension for sticking his forearm into the back of a blokes head as he ran past.

I’m staggered, but I suppose I shouldn’t be. The first of many puzzling MRP decisions for season 2017 no doubt!

I'm staggered Shiels isn't serving at least a 1 game suspension for sticking his forearm into the back of a blokes head as he ran past.

I’m staggered, but I suppose I shouldn’t be. The first of many puzzling MRP decisions for season 2017 no doubt!

As staggering as the Hawks leading the free kick count 17-3 at one stage on the weekend

I'm staggered Shiels isn't serving at least a 1 game suspension for sticking his forearm into the back of a blokes head as he ran past.

Does little for the leagues’ credibility in relation to taking concussions and other head injuries seriously.

Compare that to Zaka getting 2 weeks for a punch to the chest

1 Like
Liam Shiels avoids 1 week ban for a strike and won't miss opener vs Essendon.

A gutless hit from behind. I think that qualifies him as another Hawthorn sniper. 1 week for the head high hit, 1 week for the cowards elbow from behind and 2 weeks credit for being a Hawthorn player.

1 Like

The MRP are just like another club…they need a bit of run in the preseason to get the rust out of their system (although it does seem they hit peak form right away)

Any word out yet? Gibson gone for his hit on Pigeon? Do we have any players that will be looked at?

Smack will get 6 weeks for a dangerous tackle.

1 Like

smack will get the chair for that tackle. blatant attempted murder.

2 Likes

Lewis 3 weeks
Hogan 2 weeks
Scott Thompson 1 week for the elbow drop on Dangerfield

How the absolute ■■■■ Zak Jones and Braydon Preuss avoided suspension has got me absolutely rooted. Varcoe should be demanding his week back when in reality, he should have got 3. Careless tackle, my ■■■■.

I loved the hit from Jones and thought there was nothing wrong with it. Pruest should of got off IMO aswell, the kick was a mongrel punt and fell short and he was a split second from impacting the contest so no way he could pull out

Preuss shouldn’t have even been reported.

3 Likes

Jones decision was a joke - Jumped off the ground, never put his arms out to pretend he was trying to mark or spoil - Preuss case was a greyer area in that it was a charge of misconduct - Still should have been suspended.

1 Like

Caught a bit on the radio where they said the In the Back free to Puopolo was the correct decision.

Laughable result.

You’re joking?

Leigh maffews said it, but that geriatric prick will defend the rules committee to the hilt so its an unreliable point of view.

I can’t get a link, but there’s a video on the AFL app from April 3rd where Hayden Kennedy takes you through it. It’s bollocks.

To be honest I don’t know if he is even the current umpire boss, but he’s wearing an umpires polo shirt with afl logos on it, so you can bet it’s legit.

Mind blowing

I may be wrong but thought Peter Schwab was head of umpiring

Jordan lewis must be spewing he no longer gets the hawthorn discount at the tribunal

2 Likes