2017 MRP/Tribunal

oh finally, you’re not allowed to punch someone.

let’s all congratulate them on making a sensible decision. about 5 years too late.

On the phone to my Lil bro when that happened and said to him, well, if they’re truly serious about this, Hawkins goes for a week, has to… nothing surer.

Turns out they are. Good on them, … (at last)

I heard they made this decision so it wouldn’t look so dodgy when Francis got banned for four weeks.

(Francis hasn’t been banned for four weeks… yet.)

When is the VFL MRP stuff released?

Not even a free kick

A week Is light. Okay, so he had a handful of jumper, but it was a straight hard punch to the throat and lucky not to cause serious damage

■■■■■■ autocorrect

If that means chest, … It looked like all chin & throat to me…

Getting punched in the throat by a 110 kilogram athlete is over-rated.

Crouch should get a week for diving. If Hawkins had hit him he wouldn’t of got up!

Am I the only one stunned it isn’t an Essendon player who had fallen foul of the flavour of the month MRP decision

3 Likes

Why didn’t Jeremy Cameron get weeks for punching zaha in the face?

That’s a rhetorical question, right?

1 Like

Hawkins gets the same penalty as Scotty Thompson for an elbow to Danger’s jaw… Mmhh

Can’t believe so much has been made of that on here (actually I sorta can…). It would have hurt, it sucks, but it was an honest accident.

Every single punch should be regarded as intentional…unless of course the punch is at the ball. But when the ball isn’t there, or it’s a jumper punch, no scope for decisions.

Too many “insufficient force” decisions too…remember when Judd opened Pavlich’s face and it was insufficient force?

Based on recent interpretations, Lloyd would never have missed the '01 PF. Was no force at all and I reckon he was only suspended because Wayne Jackson wet his pants over it.

2 Likes

Thompson should be rubbed out every week. And if he does play, penalised 20 times a game.

2 Likes

Almost all cases that go to the tribunal are deliberate (as are many that don’t).

However, to get the “right” result, ‘deliberate’ is rarely applied by the MRP.

Watched 360 tommy hawkins has jumper punched/punched a fair amount of people, how gerard whatley can even think its not intentional…

extract your lips from little danger and pull your ■■■■■■■ head out.

1 Like

It’s just a cheap shot. Invented by Dermie is my recollection, and that says enough about it.

Frang get done for apparently belting someone?