2017 MRP/Tribunal

That video montage shows that at no stage did he look at the oncoming player so not sure how you can commit to saying it was deliberate to the face. Careless yes but not deliberate.

Always thought sticking your boot out was a cheap/weak way to ā€˜protectā€™ your space. Never liked it when I was playing, donā€™t like it when I"m watching. Yes itā€™s a contact sport but that contact should be body on body with the strongest/hardest player winning out.

You go sticking your boots out like that itā€™s akin to kicking in danger and should be treated as such. You want it as part of your game you pay the consequences when you kick a guy in the face. Simple

2 Likes

That he used two distinct motions and kicked a bloke in the face.

If you accept the premise that he didnā€™t know exactly what he was kicking, then, at best, it is reckless, high and (insert impact here, good thing it wasnā€™t a Farkcarlton player).

I donā€™t accept the premise that he didnā€™t know, but I will readily admit thatā€™s because I think heā€™s a first-class ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Its the push off his face sideways that will do him inā€¦IMO it shows it was deliberate

Wonderful piece of engineering, the human eye. Not only can it see things directly ahead of the owner, it can also see to a reasonably accurate degree what surrounds the direct line of vision.

1 Like

Yet it is also beautifully adept at tunnel vision when focused on a particular object. In this case he is watching the ball into his hands. he may be aware of players coming in but in reality he is playing footy so that would be expected rather than clearly seen.

See, ā€¦ I reckon thereā€™s a fair case of confirmation bias here.

JD did a similar thing just last week, and it wasnā€™t the first time he has, ā€¦ didnā€™t hear anything about it. This move has been a part of the game as long as I can remember, Iā€™ve done it myself on many occasions. It was just a case of bad luck that the guy had dropped himself low enough in the act of pulling up, that it got him in the face. The exact action has never been questioned or deemed ā€œrecklessā€ before, ā€¦ but, seeing how the head is sacrosanct now, and you have to put a player down gently when you tackle him so he doesnā€™t hit it on the ground, . it probably will be now.

Did he take possesion of the ball, then look and see the boot had landed on his face in a millisecond and decide yeah,. Iā€™m going to shove off that ugly mutt??

He is already turning and looking where he wants to go, and has no idea where he got him.

I think people need to remember this wasnā€™t a marking contest, this was a handball receive. Green chose to jump & fend off with his foot with 100% knowledge that a player was coming towards him. Iā€™m not sure if its is technically against the rules but I donā€™t want to see this tactic used again in that scenario.

1 Like

Not a term thrown around much any more but greene did have a ā€œduty of careā€ with regards to the player running towards him. As dingus says, two motions. He kicked towards the player. Should be a week though this existing record rubbish will probably make it more

the human eye has approximately 120 degrees of visionā€¦nobody can tell me he couldnt see what was coming.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see how the opinions here correlate with/to having played senior footy or not.

I see it, ā€¦ well, . I think Iā€™ve made it crystal clear how i see it.

Over to you MRP., if it is only made up of players, he getā€™s a fine, . & only because the AFL says they have to do something for the ā€œLookā€ of the game.

As much as I agree with BDS, he will be suspended, I have no doubt about that.

Heā€™s not Koschitzke, he absolutely knew he was there. Even if youā€™re kind and call it careless/recklessā€¦ well, people get suspended for that.

I have zero idea where the MRP will end up on it, but itā€™s worth discouraging.

1 Like

A lot of players get suspended for things they didnā€™t mean. That bloke who got rubbed out for smacking Zerrett meant to get him on the shoulder (which it did) and then slipped and collected his head. He definitely meant to make contact just not to the head. Same for Greene.

Apologies in advance for image quality. At work I have the glorious and richly featured MS Paint. At home I haveā€¦ well, MS Paint, but on a later version of windows, so, yeah.

Anyway, if you take the following image:

Adjust the angle (generously in favour of Greene, because it ainā€™t exact) and superimpose on to an image depicting the incident, you get this:

He could see him, crouched position and all.

Science, Bitchiz.

3 Likes

Lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™m very, very bored at work.

3 Likes

dingus went ape

1 Like

What pleased me most was finding a diagram that had pretty much the exact same shaped head as Greene.

And then punching it.

3 Likes