2017 MRP/Tribunal

Shoulder. Move along.

He hit him in the head with his leg but sure, no contact. At least Diggers is happy his team has a bigger chance of winning against us.

I like your optimism, sadly there is no consistency in this competition. Precedent means nothing because they claim the way they interpret things changes. If you are a superstar player it seems you can get away with things without reproach. How on earth the Franklin bump gets graded as careless is beyond me. He intentionally went to bump him, no way that should be graded anything less. The AFL went on a big spiel about if you elect to bump, you have intent and must bear the consequences. Unless you are a Sydney player clearly.

1 Like

Yep. Sure. Hit him in the leg.

Walla loves a bump, but always does it right.

Bud, throws his weight around a bit carelessly. Champions get rubbed out. Lockets, Lethal etc were no angels.

And look I’m happier he’s playing us than not. The team needs the challenge.

I’m not surprised but then i didn’t think he should be suspended, hit his shoulder not his head.

Don’t get me wrong. I wish the hard hits of 80s, 90s and even early 00s were still in the game.

What frustrates me is the constant changing of rules and interpretations to suit the style of game they want to see. That they then do not enforce it properly or with anything close to consistency. If they want to protect the head and the player with their head over the ball fine, but do it properly and consistently. There should be clear guidelines to follow, not some rubbish grey area that can be interpreted and graded one way one week, then completely differently later in the season.

2 Likes

Whose been rubbed out for a lesser bump than buddy’s this year tho?

I think he probably deserved a holiday for the recklessness of it, he does that sort of hit regularly. Won’t be long until he collects someone really seriously.

A Rance deserved at least a fine for his flopping. If it were up to me I’d give a week.

MRP are playing favorites - McKenna’s was the same incident as Franklin - Difference is the MRP decided to upgrade McKenna from low impact to medium impact.[quote=“westozziebomber, post:69, topic:3930, full:true”]
Did anyone actually think franklins bump was worthy of suspension? Lol
[/quote]

2 Likes

McKenna.

1 Like

Watching Richardson and Scott try to spin joel selwood trying to tomahawk mitchell as low is a ■■■■■■■ disgrace.

[quote=“IceTemple, post:86, topic:3930”]
didn’t think
[/quote] Vance should have gone for a week for staging like Leroy. And; looking at the footage, he clearly overacted it.

Selwood was like a UFC fighter coming in for the finish when the opponent goes down. Funny thing is you cannot strike to the back of the head in UFC, clearly no problem in AFL though.

Schoefiled 2 weeks down to 1 for olivers oscar winning performance.

So what did Rampe get for an actual elbow to the chin on Bags before the game even started??

Or don’t they count?

3 Likes

A fine.

These are the results from our game:

Luke Parker, Sydney Swans, has been charged with striking Mark Baguley, Essendon, during the first quarter of the Round 14 match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at the SCG on Friday June 23, 2017.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Essendon Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the body. The incident was classified as a $1500 sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Dane Rampe, Sydney Swans, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling against Joe Daniher, Essendon, during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between the Sydney Swans and Essendon, played at the SCG on Friday June 23, 2017.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to a accept a $1000 sanction. .

Joe Daniher, Essendon, has been charged with a first offence for wrestling against Dane Rampe, Sydney Swans, during the second quarter of the Round 14 match between Essendon and the Sydney Swans, played at the SCG on Friday June 23, 2017.

A first offence for wrestling is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to a accept a $1000 sanction.

Did anyone see what Viney did to Hurn…I heard he jumped into him and made head high contact which caused Hurn to miss the remainder of the game…and yet I’ve read nothing about it anywhere online.