2017 MRP/Tribunal

AFL appealing.

And he will get 3 weeks.

Another couple of days of media circus for the vultures at AFL HQ. We don’t like the look etc etc.

1 Like

No problem with that.
I’d write a reference for a mate if he thought it would help.

3 Likes

Well now its with the Appeals Board, that is comprised of Judges and QCs and and no doubt it will be a very legal case now.

Lower the standing of Turnball and Waleed… not possible, too low of a starting base.

2 Likes

Like the true pretend SJW’s they are, who then often to turn out being ■■■■■ in real life.

1 Like

It appears maybe the AFL isn’t protecting him at all. Think your tin foil hat might need changing.

It has to be a legal case though - it is about the action and not the character of the person. The character of the person should not be taken into account for football incidents. The record of a player should be taken into account which is whether he/she had committed any acts of a similar nature. He can be an upstanding citizen but that does not eliminate the action. That is, an intentional hit to Jed Lamb. It is really clear and the MRP decision blurred the lines between good record vs character of individual.

1 Like

Based on what? It looks precisely like the AFL getting itself caught in a bind by protecting images rather than applying rules evenly.

1 Like

Seriously? And people call Trip deluded.

Ok, so you reckon the tribunal are suddenly into character references because…

Also, you’ve never heard of the AFL getting itself in a bind by protecting an image over applying rules evenly?

The fact that you think the AFL actually controls the decision the Tribunal makes is amazing. The MRP I could maybe see based on outside directives, but not the tribunal.

“Moose” Henwood was sitting on the AFL tribunal last night. Doesn’t seem to have greatest record handing down a verdict without it being appealed.

1 Like

“It is the first time the AFL has ever taken this course of action in response to a decision by its own tribunal.”

This is quite fascinating. I wondered why they succumbed to scrutiny this time?

Well, you can call me deluded if you like but I don’t put much past them these days. Sitting in on things they’re supposed to be independent of is something they have form on.

I seem to remember one other time they said their Tribunal was incompetent/corrupt…

Suprised he didn’t get another week off his suspension because it was Ramadan.

2 Likes

And he did only hit a Kaffur.

2 Likes

Fletch would have got 6, and any other essendon player 5