2017 VFL season - players in and out

Nick O"brien to return
Doubt on Coghlan to return

Does anyone know if Cochlan lives out Essington way? He's a South Croydon kid originally which would be a fair hike if he's still travelling all that distance.
Actually a Wessie/ warby- millgrove boy originally. Word up here is that he's looking at an offer up near the border, Mildura perhaps?

Bowel would be good.

Bowel would be good.

What about ■■■■■■ while we’re at it.

Who the hell is bowel? Lol

nickobrien35 Had such a fun year this year moving to SA. Will always appreciate the opportunity @eagleswwtfc gave me to be a part of such a special club. Made some wonderful friends and it’s a place myself and my family felt so welcome at. Was also great to live with my best mates @mattcrouch44 & @bradcrouch over there for the year.
Looking forward to being back in Melb closer to gods country (Ballarat) and also having a kick with @essendonvfl in 2017.

Bowel movage, poo shootage.

Does anyone know if Cochlan lives out Essington way?
He’s a South Croydon kid originally which would be a fair hike if he’s still travelling all that distance.

Brant Colledge?

Brant Colledge?

Ahhh just got it when I paid attention to the thread title. My bad Boot haha!!

Would love to see AFL reserves (VFL, SANFL, WAFL) listed players come under the clubs academy bidding system. Clubs can prepare, get smarter and invest in older players with the possibility of picking them up via the draft. It’ll create a better link between the clubs reserves listed players and the senior list.

I posted about a month back that he had quit SANFL to return home. It’s good to see he has come back to the club

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/vfl/essendon-waiting-on-results-of-rookie-and-national-drafts-before-finalising-vfl-list-for-2017/news-story/c62bbd6dbee1f11269f906f973e507e3

Essendon waiting on results of rookie and national drafts before finalising VFL list for 2017

Tim Michell, Moonee Valley Leader
October 26, 2016 7:00am

ESSENDON’S VFL list for 2017 will start to take shape after the AFL national and rookie drafts next month.

Bombers best-and-fairest winner Aaron Heppell is considered the club’s top VFL draft hopeful, while captain Dan Coghlan and on-baller Nash Holmes also impressed throughout 2016.

The trio will keep a close eye on proceedings during both drafts, hoping to follow the same path taken by former Essendon VFL defender Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti into the big time.

“When you look at Anthony Tipungwuti this year, I think it says a lot for persistence within the VFL system firstly,” new Essendon VFL coach Paul Corrigan said.

“He was a bit more mature and ready to go this year. Hopefully the likes of Hepp, he can be the same if he gets an opportunity.”

Corrigan said changes to the club’s list would be inevitable, although the Bombers hope to retain their core VFL squad next year.

He said about 50 prospective VFL players would be invited to train with the club before Christmas and press their case for a spot in Essendon’s squad.

“For the VFL-listed guys, it’s just the ability to take your opportunity when it presents,” Corrigan said.

"We saw that even this year with a few of the guys that were able to do that.

"Nash Holmes in his first year playing as a 23rd man was able to get inside the 22 later in the year.

“Even guys who might have only played a couple of games like Alex Boyse and those type of guys who came in and had an impact.”

Essendon bowed out of the premiership race this year after a semi-final loss to premier Footscray.

The club’s depth will be bolstered next season by the return of a key group of senior players from suspension including Jobe Watson, Cale Hooker and Michael Hurley.

But Corrigan said opportunities would still present for the club’s VFL listed players to shine.

The 39-year-old has been with Essendon for the past four years.

Bowel would be good.

Hmmmm … thread title change.

Forget Bowel, it’s now all about Willie.

He’d just keep getting done for obstruction anyway

Bowel would be good.

Hmmmm … thread title change.

Forget Bowel, it’s now all about Willie.

A bit of the old in out.

Does anyone know if Cochlan lives out Essington way? He's a South Croydon kid originally which would be a fair hike if he's still travelling all that distance.
Actually a Wessie/ warby- millgrove boy originally. Word up here is that he's looking at an offer up near the border, Mildura perhaps?

Geez, I hope he hasn’t been commuting from there every day lol

Nick O"brien to return Doubt on Coghlan to return
Why is there doubt about Coghlan?

Geez, I hope he hasn’t been commuting from there every day lol

Nah moved to the big smoke lol

Heard rumours of Coghlan signing for a club in the Sunraysia Football League.

I can imagine he would be getting good coin in the Country leagues. Some of these clubs pay better than VFL thats for sure