2018 All Australian Squad

Onya Dev! Recruit of the year!

8 Likes

oh.

Cotchin, Edwards and Lambert… WTF?

Good players, particularly happy to see Edwards actually recognised.

But fark me.

2 Likes

Cotchin I can see. Not at his best but still very influential in the squad.

Lambert is an Andrew Mackie of the midfield.

1 Like

Does Dinosaur Bartlett still pick em?

Not named in the squad yet but they’ll somehow still manage squeeze a retired Matthew Pavlich in the back pocket.

5 Likes

Sad for Saad. Actual back pockets don’t get much respect.

8 Likes

That was hilarious what Hird said a few weeks back how they would give their input, then Bartlett and Walls would just override the others on the panel and just pick it themselves.

6 Likes

The All Australian squad has been selected by Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Danny Frawley, Steve Hocking, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea.

The selectors really show what the All Australian squad is - a joke. Not sure why a 22 just can’t be named. The squad is so unnecessary. If it was to be taken seriously then I would like it to be selected by the coaches who would do a much better job. Also I think they need to make selections based on actual positions. Closest player to a small defender in the squad is Rory Laird who is an attacking half back. Also Luke Breust is the only small forward, I almost think there should be a position for a pressure forward given each club plays them.

3 Likes

Heppell unlucky.

1 Like

lol fkng hell

6 Likes

I concur

The highlighted are either too incompetent or biased to be there

Maybe we need a Downfall video. Dylan Grimes!

I don’t mind the Grimes call.
Wouldn’t have selected him personally but he can seriously play so I can see why he was selected.

2 Likes

Anyone questioning Lambert’s inclusion has literally not watched a Richmond game this year…

6 Likes

Haha Chris Johnson to select the team by himself. I like it!

1 Like

Or only watched the games where he was injured

1 Like

Also he not likely being picked as a mid. Neither is Smith. Will be in the fwd group.

Lambert often starting as a HFF and pushing up to midfield. Smith has him covered in every aspect though. I really hope he gets in.

1 Like

Nah Lambert would get picked as a mid, probs on the bench. Hardest working mid in that side. Huge in rebound from defence and link up through the middle.

Smith should be in there but probs wont.

2 Likes

I think he is perfect. I wouldn’t take any other player in the comp ahead of him for a small backline role. Sometimes it takes the selectors a year or two to catch on.

3 Likes