2018 All Australian Squad

I would’ve had Stratton in the squad, and possibly the 22. Other than that, no real gripes.

1 Like

They should scrap the silly 40 man squad and bring back state team selections then select the All-Australian team from there.

3 Likes

Ask a Richmond person and would tell you David Astbury has had a better season than Alex Rance. Certainly in the one-on-ones. The latter gets in due to level of knee usage in the boardroom.

3 Likes

Partisan fans complain that their favorite players dont make it.
They get all hissy. So the afl introduced the 40man squad, so they could get 2 players from each club into the group and head off the criticism a bit.

1 Like

That is a good idea.

No wonder the AFL hasn’t thought of it.

4 Likes

You’d announce the State selections after the last round and then announce the All-Australian selections on Brownlow or MVP night, giving the nuffies 3 or 4 weeks to argue.

It’d also give you a sense of the State of Origin traditions

2 Likes

And also a chance for extra publicity for the AFL, and for extra recognition for the players.

Like I said, too good an idea for the self-obsessed intellectual pygmies at the AFL to come up with themselves.

I feel like there’s a whole lot of “they were good in about 10 games” in this squad

Is that the cast for the Police Academy reboot?

1 Like

I thought Saad might have had a look in, for the squad of 40.

Next year!

Lambert in squad as a fwd

i just hope there’s cokewood players in the squad, nobody whinges more than them about missing the AA team.

There you go. Tenuous IMO. As is Edwards…

Geez that Smith tackle statistic stands out.

Though in fairness, he’s being compared to forwards, which he ain’t.

Smith would have played similar midfield time to Lambert and Edwards though IMO

They are often starting on HFF but push into midfield rotations.

His tackle stats would also flog most of midfield group as well.

1 Like

No.

oh … sorry …

carry on …

No Zerrett, ok down on numbers slightly from last year but still deserves AA

1 Like

No Francis…absolute bs.

2 Likes

The Cotchin selection over Coniglio is the biggest oversight.

Coniglio was outstanding all year, He can do everything, He even plays out of the square and kicks goals. Kids an absolute star.