2018 EFC AGM on 17 December - including proposed constitutional changes

no doubt some angry old guy whose been a member of this great club for 35 years

I’m here.

The same people you see every week at the footy are here & good on them!

Any notable questions from the floor?

You were expecting other people?

2 Likes

Gee, not much reporting on this. Mustve been a dull affair. I wouldve gone if i didnt have uni commitments

1 Like

Highlights included BJ receiving a standing ovation for his life membership & Tanner having a crack at the media for their handling of the saga

Routine questions from the floor, MCG away seats, apparel styles & the enviable & annual poker machine discussion.

Positive vibe overall.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, Devon Smith won an award from the cheer squad for the player who receives the least amount of recognition, most underrated.

Kinda ironic when you consider he won the B&F

10 Likes

I went along. Very dry sort of event. Not sure much else was to be expected to be honest. Highlight was definitely the life memberships & standing ovation for Goddard. Thought he was gonna tear up again…

7 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

I’m out.

4 Likes

Pretty good evening, though it dragged on a little. Highlight was Goddard’s standing ovation.

Still trying to work out why it’s an issue if we have some white merchandise.

A bloke handed us an anti-pokies leaflet. I believe in standing up for what you believe in, so I didn’t hand it back, but I don’t like being told what to think.

1 Like

Not married then ?

6 Likes

Not yet. Will be in 2020.

1 Like

Don’t listen to him or you will be divorced in 2022.

21 Likes

Personally I would treat BJ’s jacket t shirt combo choice like a bowl of pretzels. Horrible.

She said if you add white to the red and black it will turn us into an underachieving rabble (or words to that effect), which I thought was a bit uncalled for since BJ was in the room.

1 Like

Stephen Mayne? Well known governance advocate, there is some commentary about the AGM at:

https://twitter.com/MayneReport

Yes I saw him there last night. He didn’t hand his leaflet to me so I have no idea what it says but one of the staff suggested to me that he had signed up as a member to be at the AGM, no idea how factual that is though.

If St Kilda didn’t exist the white wouldn’t be an issue.
Like many on here, if I’m shopping for (not merch) clothes or a backpack or shoes or whatever I tend to gravitate to red n black stuff (which isn’t that common) but it’s “ruined” for me if it has white on it.

2 Likes