2018 Fixture - has been released

He’s bluddy crap but he’s not the worst. Yabada Yabada Rex Hunt rhymes with.

Disagree. Perhaps he has slightly improved, but he’s still easily the most awful commentator in the game.

It’s not just the ridiculous theatrics. It’s also the way he gets the basics wrong (names, goals and points, other various facts and figures). Infuriating.

But most importantly, its also the way he doesn’t understand the gravity of certain moments. I remember when the bulldogs were 5 points up in the 2016 preliminary final and took a final mark inside 50 with 20 seconds to go. Rather than sensing the moment, he was still going on about how if the player kicked a point the game might be a draw. Stuff like that is just inexcusable.

He also had the final commentary moment in this years grand final. Rather than saying something poetic, or memorable in those final seconds, he just yelled THE TIGERS ARE GOING TO WIN THE PREMIERSHIP IN 2017. It was just so - average. Anthony Hudson, or Jason Bennett, or Tony Leonard etc would never have said something so bland and average in that moment.

tldr: BT sucks

6 Likes

The article in The Age says we have requested Hawthorn in round 1 again with a view to making it an annual fixture.

4 Likes

That was my understanding aswell. Thought after the success of last year we had already requested it

l don’t mind that, don’t mind it at all. The rivalry is building and needs something suitable to highlight it. We must play the Blooos and Pies twice a year, to keep our traditional rivalries going. Perhaps next season we can also squeeze two games in against the Dogs, just for the anti Stringer angst. That alone should be worth an extra 10,000 bums on seats.

Interstate matches? There are 8 interstate teams, we should play half of them at home and half away. The home / away thing could be spread over say 4 years so that it evens out in the long run. At the moment it is skewed to the point of being completely lopsided. How many times have we played the Swans at home over the last 10 years?

2 Likes

We always play Colliwobbles, Blues and Norf in 1st 5 rounds

Basil Zempilas thought that Chad Wingard was Sam Powell-Pepper when we played port. bt clearly not the worst commentator…

Brian brings energy. It doesent have to be an eloquent statement. No hes not as good as Huddo, Bennett and co. But fark me hes miles ahead of most of the deadheads on 7.

6 Likes

We are the club with the most annual fixtures.
Anzac
Country
Multicultural round
Yellow arm band round
Dreamtime
Rivalry
Can’t make an annual fixture as a round 1 event that belongs to Rich vs Blues cos they need the moulah

I’m in favour of Hawthorn round 1, mostly because (though this year disagreed) it increases our chances of two guaranteed wins over the next few years :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree again.
For these faaarkers, it’s not about the game; it’s all about the selves!!

The only annual fixture we have is on Anzac Day.

The rest you mentioned are just regular games played on a Saturday or Sunday dressed up to be an occasion.

Collingwood has 2 by comparison (queens birthday and Anzac Day) and Richmond has 2 (season opener, Anzac Day Eve)

Dreamtime has to count as an annual fixture. But based on your argument that gives Richmond 3.

Based on Anzac day (and ANZAC day eve), I don’t see why we can’t have a round 1 blockbuster just because Carlton/Richmond already do.

Fark Hawthorn

2 Likes

Our wants list should be:

Home MCG on Friday night with big crowd (Hawks are perfect)
Dogs early in the season
Double games against Hawks, Pies, Tigers, Blues and Eagles/Port/Cats
Sydney at Etihad
Favourable games either side of Anzac Day at Etihad (North/Suns/Dockers)
No travel for the last month
A couple of road games early in the season (round 3, 7 and another before the bye)
A Thursday night game interstate during bye rounds
Less Sunday games and especially Sunday twilight
I would like to finish with Blues on a Saturday afternoon

1 Like

4 x Friday night games please.
Minimal Sunday games.
SYDNEY in farking Melbourne.

Be happy with that.

But the Afl know what a cash cow we will be-- expect primetime games more than anytime in recent memory.

We came second for total attendance this year to the Tigers. I’d rather our away games be in Adelaide or Perth to keep the average up. When you play at spotless or Metricon stadiums it wrecks the average. Plus, getting Freo and WC you could chalk up wins I’d think, unlike other years. Definitely don’t want to go to Sydney twice.

Anyone know when it gets released?

Love that Essendon play the Hawks round 1.
Given recent acquisitions, supporters will be up and about again.
So the March to the G will be filled with passion and anticipation.
Supporters will be heaving at the ground.
And the emotion will spill onto the ground and lift the players big time.
“Just” 5 more months to go!

All I want is for our home games to line up with my shift pattern a bit better this year. The season just gone was a stinker.

Oct 31 I think but they usually start drip feeding the media a few rounds beforehand