MRP MRO and Tribunal stuff - 2018

He got three weeks for imitating Hannibal Lector

1 Like

Wasn’t it Green who got fined?

Yep, in one of the JLT games (I think)

Clarko called out Sellwood for ducking and Hinkley likewise with Shuey. Even if you don’t name individuals I’d love to see us more proactive and aggressive. North won by plenty and Brad Scott still had a crack at the umps for not protecting Brown

3 Likes

So can I just confirm that Martin’s blatant charge on Baguley wasn’t seen as warranting assessment?

Run through a guy who was wide open with no intent of contesting the ball is everything that the AFL has said it’s stamping it for a decade.

5 Likes

We failed to out-source our medical report to Fark Carlton.

3 Likes

Was an outstanding bump. We should learn from it. No head contact, split him up the middle.

1 Like

:+1:
Absolutely

What did Leroy get for faking?

That Fyfe suspension is a joke

They are appealing and I think it will get downgraded

As in he should have got longer? Or got off?

He should get off. Free kick at worst

1 Like

How many “uncharacteristic” head high hits from Nat “fairest” Fyfe now? 4, or is it 5?

At some point, like they did with Judd after his 5th or 6th one, the AFL’s going to have to face facts that uncharacteristic hits have become characteristic.

6 Likes

I must be looking at a different bit of footage.
The incident I’ve seen shows Fyfe choosing to jump at the player, raise his elbow, and get the Pies player with a forearm to the head.

After Carlisle getting a week for a clumsy spoil, that has to go.

The guy has form at this, too.

5 Likes

I think so. Maybe it was someone else?

Could I hate Rance any more already? Probably not, but now I do.

He’s got form on this, and even spoke jokingly about it on the Footy Show when he got busted last year.

Do we want it in our game? No. So give the guy a week and be done with it.

3 Likes

yep- I thought jumping was going to be a big negative against him. And he collected him. With an elbow. That’s worth at least a week.

3 Likes

Outstanding bump in 1988. Or even 1998.

Whether it’s correct that they’ve set out to make it clear that you can’t run through a player who is wide open when collecting the ball, it is what they have told us for 10 years. Duty of care and all that.

In the context of that it warranted at the least an acknowledgement from the tribunal that they looked at it.

I mean they paid a free against a guy for being first to the ball later in the game. If they create these interpretations they have to enforce them consistently.

2 Likes

took out greenwood, that’s got to be a weeks discount, surely?