MRP MRO and Tribunal stuff - 2018

On the ump touching crap: imo you should never be suspended for touching an umpire if it is just a casual touching of the arm or such while discussing something, that should just be a fine of increasing level (if you do it 5 times or more then maybe a one match ban). Going out of your way to hit an umpire, or shove an umpire out of the way should be a suspension. That is violence, even at a low level.

4 Likes

I’d suggest you haven’t watched many freo games this year

Guess we will find out at the end of the year who was right.

So did Buddy get reported for almost knocking the umpire a over t last week?

Gil skewered on Neil Mitchell defending the indefensible Dusty MRP umpire contact.

1 Like

Pretty damn obvious . Its just another instance where the AFL changes the interpretation of the rules to suit their own narrative. Its either absolutely no touchy at all; not a little bit no touchy!

If that really is the case, all he blokes found guilty of the same offence this year, let them off and start again.
If not, why not?

TBell so getting rubbed out for his little tummy tap on Nic Nat.

What a strange thing to tweet.

1 Like

How the fark is it sensitive? Throw the book at him

1 Like

AKA the AFL has been testing the waters on a 3-4 week suspension

5 Likes

pretty much.

will go direct to tribunal, plenty of wriggle room, he’ll get 4 weeks.

Not any more. Andrews was hospitalised with a brain bleed. With so much weight apportioned to medical reports now Cameron is ■■■■■■.

just watch.
negligent conduct. high contact. severe impact. 4 weeks.
Only way he gets more is if they deem it to have been a deliberate act.

It was deliberate: eyes on the player and raises arm

1 Like

Yeah you could hear the media conditioning straight away, “oh he’s a good bloke” “not the malicious type” “good quiet character on & off the field” “I’m sure it wasn’t intentional”.

With the way they weight the medical reports, it should now come back to haunt the AFL on this one for their little love project. Like it or not under the current system, that is 6-8 weeks, if they are consistent. Players are getting 1-2 based on vague things like he felt the after effects of the bump (even though the player then plays the following week), or he was throwing up/winded from the little love tap.

Watch him get away with 4.

1 Like

The guy has, I gather, been reported ten times!

Surely his stock of “benefit of the doubt” has run out…

3 Likes

If it’s referred direct to tribunal it’s because the grading system and associated penalties are found to be inadequate for the offence. Standard penalties won’t apply. I reckon a hospitalised player with a bleeding brain is pretty solid grounds to say 4 weeks ain’t right.

Should be six.

Intentional or not, based on the medical reports to date that is a very hard hit. And you have to pay the consequences for it. Player ends up with bleeding on the brain, that just has to get a very large penalty.

edit: as an aside, hope Harris gets through this ok. There are some things on a footy field you do not want to see happen.

4 Likes