MRP MRO and Tribunal stuff - 2018

I don’t disagree. But I don’t think it’ll happen.

1 Like

Anything happen with the Higgins incidents?

That’s the great shame of the AFL. Their entire world view and operating model is predicated on the fear of bad public perception.

3 Likes

This is a perfect opportunity for the AFL to make and example of someone and nip head high contact in the bud. I just cannot see how Cameron will get away with this incident lightly. If he does, someone should appeal. A brain bleed is serious stuff and when has a player had this sort of injury as well as concussion before?

■■■■ I would love Cameron at Essendon.

1 Like

Cameron may argue the brain bleed was caused when the guy’s head hit the ground, not by his elbow.

Anyway, it’s interesting how this sort of contact is reportable, yet a knee to the back of the head during a marking contest isnt.

Eyes on the ball and looking to mark vs eyes on the man and no chance of marking

1 Like

I know, but a head high hit is still dangerous and one is freely allowed while the other isnt.

I think Cameron’s action was reckless, dangerous and contrary to duty of care owed to opposition players, but I doubt very much it was intentional ie did not decide in the moment to deliberately hit Andrews in the head, as every player knows that is a 4 week holiday. Those intentional hits to the head are almost gone from our game.
But basing the penalty on the outcome is a lottery, as a one cm change in the impact point can completely change the injury. A fairer system is to rate the action for degree of danger, level of impact etc and that would mean 4+ in this case.

Also, I wouldn’t have thought of nicknat as a diver, but it’s hard to see how someone so big can go down like that. Maybe Judd showed Tommy how to hit a pressure point, or maybe we have a competition between Rance, NickNat and the French Diving/football team for worst acting?

2 Likes

I’d say that’s exactly what happened. But there was a reason he was unconscious before he hit the deck.

But I feel like trying to argue he’s not responsible for the brain bleed would be like the guys who get done for dangerous tackles arguing they didn’t knock anyone out it was the ground instead.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see what his defence is. He’ll probably just say it was unintentional, I guess his representative will try and pull some tricks, human bio-mechanics and all that.

Human bio-mechanics plus the GWS effect should ensure he doesn’t get longer than a month. He could come out and say he intentionally tried to kill him and still only get 4 weeks.

1 Like

As expected, Jeremy Cameron referred directly to Tribunal, striking H Andrews. No early plea available.

Higgens?

$2,000

Dale Thomas the only one to cop a suspension.

Plenty of melee, misconduct and umpire contact fines handed out.

Cameron if he played for EFC 7, AFL tit sucker 4

1 Like

VFL have withdrawn the match-day report of Leuenberger.

11 Likes

As they should have.

1 Like

He may even get an apology for all the bad press from the AFL