MRP MRO and Tribunal stuff - 2018

Protected species

Spot the difference

One is a protected species, the other is a Bilby

6 Likes

You bet he was, clearly was. Sure Buddy got off and should have had a week for that but Rance played it for all it was worth. Two serial offenders, one for bad play the other for faking everything.

3 Likes

And Bellchambers gets a bigger fine for a push to the tummy,…

1 Like

Michael Christian and the new system are a joke. Afl have direct control over what they want suspensions to be. Dont want someone suspected? Just call is misconduct instead of a strike and voila.

1 Like

Spot the difference.

One is a flamboyant olympic diver. The other is Greg Louganis.

7 Likes

I was very happy with Buddy’s strike to the neck of Rance. I think he was harshly done by in fact with the 1500$ fine.
FK Rance.

1 Like

Some one explain to me how Jones got off for strike in Zerrett but Curnow got a week for strike in May

2 Likes

Typical

Dikhed has it backwards again, … it’s Jones getting off for punching someone in the fkn head that is the disgrace.

Curnows week was correct, … Jones’ fine was a joke.

4 Likes

Agreed. Since when does deliberate punching to the head mean fines only. Merrett got a week for a glorified jumper punch last year.

5 Likes

You forgot to factor in the automatic Sydney discount. Once you realize that, it’s kind of obvious.

1 Like

So what did Jones get for the bump on Kyle?

2 weeks

2 Likes

He literally contradicts himself in the space of 140 characters
He’s a paid, “professional”, writer.

I’d argue about the ‘writer’ comment.

Given his payment seems to be in liquid form only I don’t have high expectations for consistency.
Only glance at his columns waiting for references to large white rabbits or purple elephants, which bypass the subeditor.

MRO sanctions for three Dons

August 6, 2018 5:48 PM

Three Bombers have received sanctions from Match Review Officer Michael Christian following Essendon’s four-point loss to Hawthorn on Saturday.

Aaron Francis has been fined $2000 for rough conduct after Christian graded his strong bump on Hawks midfielder Jaeger O’Meara in the dying stages of the match as careless conduct with low impact to the head.

Cale Hooker has also been fined $2000 for striking Hawk Ryan Schoenmakers, while captain Dyson Heppell was fined $1000 for umpire contact.

Jesus H Christ.

The bump on Jaeger could not have been any more perfect

9 Likes