MRP MRO and Tribunal stuff - 2018

What exactly is Smith’s fine for?

and why did Buckley the worm not get sent to the tribunal?

1 Like

Devon Smith, Essendon, has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Zac Langdon, GWS Giants, during the second quarter of the Round 10 match between Essendon and the GWS Giants, played at Spotless Stadium on Saturday May 26, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the GWS Giants Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head. The incident was assessed as a $3000 sanction. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Guelfi should have made a huge deal about it ala Carlton players instead of just shrugging it off.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of Dev bumped him a little high but nothing in it

Based on Buckley getting a $1500 fine I can only assume Smith clotheslined someone.

1 Like

$3000!!!

For a bump!

WTF, what are match payments for these guys?

I’m relieved, a year ago Smith would probably have got a week. He’s also lucky he didn’t have a fark Carlton medical report to contend with.

3 Likes

Smith was ‘careless’ and copped a higher fine than Buckley, whose action was deliberate??

9 Likes

go figure

Buckley was clearly reckless and clearly hit the head

1 Like

Smith plays for Essendon, Buckley plays for the AFL’s western Sydney marketing & promotional dept.

10 Likes

Pretty well sums it up.

1 Like

Who would have thought that a single person could be more inconsistent than a revolving panel?

flog

3 Likes

GWS probably put in a medical report showing more damage was done to Buckley’s head than to Guelfi’s jaw.

1 Like

Well I think we can safely eliminate damage to his brain.

3 Likes

Buckley was celebrating, until he realised it was a fine and not Goal of the year prize.

3 Likes

Absolute disgrace. It was an intentional act. Buckley knew exactly what he was doing.
AFL so ‘concerned’ about the look of the game. Give me a break!

2 Likes

didn’t lloyd get 5 weeks for a headbutt?

From memory one week. Missed the prelim against Hawks before returning for the Bris gf.

Carlisle offered 2 weeks for KO-ing Jack.

Harsh, … but here’s hoping you helped your old team out for your trouble Jake. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like