2018 Pre Season Discussion

I think we’re as good as chance as ever, we may well win it. But the crows are arguably the best side in the game, and expectations should be tempered.

2 Likes

Yep - we have a pretty good early record most years & haven’t we knocked off the Crows at FP Rnd 1 a few times even as rank outsiders? It wouldn’t really be a disaster to lose the game as everyone will have the Crows ranked highly but if we do win its a great boost for the club & hopefully the players. They smashed us last year so at the very least it will be a good chance to see if we’ve improved.

1 Like

Crows will be burnt hard over the GF loss

Whilst they will have 3 players to replace they essentially have them already!

Doedee led SANFL for intercepts so will drop into Levers spot. Gibbs has pretty much already said played plenty of HBF so can take Smiths role. And Milera/Galluci into Camerons

We are going to still have a side, especially in midfield getting used to playing with each other. Will be very hard to get that cohesion quickly that Crows have already.

Just going to have to out pressure them like Tigers did and Dees did also late in season. We are training for upping our physicality & pressure.

Going to be a very hot fkn contest. Bring it on.

1 Like

Will be a great measuring stick for both clubs.

Us by 6 goals.

Lock it in.

We’re about to put our best 22 on the park since 2003, in saying that The Crows strength in the midfied is our weakness.
Home ground advantage might just get us across the line.

I do believe we will win, probably never going to get a better opportunity to jump a side like them.

But could equally see them putting the foot down and winning by 5-6 goals and us all left to reassess things

Every year people overestimate gf sides in r1. Due to reduced pre-season they’re always very underdone. Always the best time to play them, and always the most profitable time to bet against them. Of course they may still win due to their brilliance, but they’ll be far from their best.

2 Likes

Round 1 “Walk to the Etihad” just doesn’t have the same ring to it, but Walk to the G was massive last year and I was hoping do it again.
First game at the G is round 5, Anzac Day. This is the obvious one for a walk to the G.

Still undefeated this pre-season…feeling bullish!

3 Likes

Yep, the march will most likely happen round 5. Symbolic and powerful gesture to give the boys an additional lift to hopefully get them over the line. Would be nice to get a run of Anzac Day wins against this mob!

With round 1 at Etihad I reckon the Crows are foxing re: their less than ideal start to preseason training where their standards apparently dropped. I call bullsh_t. They’ll be out to make a statement. Equally, the Dons want to start the season well and playing at home gives them the best chance to record a first up win.

Crows are always well represented in Melbourne so expect their supporters to cross the border in droves. What Essendon supporters/members need to do is ensure we outnumber them 10:1. Don’t want anymore than 5K at ‘our’ home. Need to make them feel most unwelcome so if you don’t have a reserved seat or ticket to the game get online and organise one as soon as they’re available! 45K Essendon supporters riding the wave of preseason optimism will aid the boys big time. So be loud and proud and make sure you’re at the game! Go Bombers!

1 Like

/fxd

Has anyone confirmed the next open training session?

Roam to the Dome? :smiley:

8 Likes

Sashay to Chardonnay?

Or not.

Yeah, nah. Stuff that. Smash the lid.

Is that you Lingy?

3 Likes

Given the day, it would be appropriate to start the march at the shrine at 12 and go up St Kilda Rd then through Birrarung Marr to the ground. Let nothing stand in our way so we send the right message to the club and the team!

3 Likes

Given the day, all meet up at the Royal at 12.00, and stagger to the G at about 2pm :star_struck:

I know this has been asked a lot before but what time does training start tomorrow? I want to squeeze in a session before going back to ■■■■■■■ work next week

Get there at nine, and you’ll be fine.