2018 Pre Season Discussion

Winter is coming.

1 Like

Cheers

So 100% training is on tomorrow?
I tried ringing the club and it says it reopens Monday 8/1/18??

Probs testing

Players resume tomorrow. I assume they’ll make it out on the track at some stage.

3 Likes

So 9am you think or 10am??
It’s an hr drive so was going take Dad and son.

Should be on the park at 10.30.

Graham McMahon had finished as president by 2007.

A lot of talk around us being a challenger next season hope the players keep themselves level headed and don’t buy in too much.

We have a tough opening 5 games. Wrong preparation and we can find ourselves 2-3 or 1-4.

This is where Woosha’s coaching will be important. I reckon he’ll be fantastic at keeping expectations in check and keeping them focussed. Match day is probably his weakness, but he’s great otherwise

2 Likes

crows round 1 will be a really big game for them.

embarrassing gf really. super talented side(rated them best in comp by a bit).

it would be a cracker to get a result round 1.

1 Like

Can’t underestimate the losses of Lever and Smith to their backline and the run of Cameron.

Those players were vital to the way they played and I think they are a chance to miss too four.

The competition is so close that you have to continue to improve to keep up. They need more than Gibbs to do that.

If Adelaide played Richmond round 1 they would have something to prove. They beat us 2 times last year, they think we a pushover .

I hope so. Middle of winter in Cambodia right now, and all I see is 30-35 degrees for the next fortnight…

2 Likes

We could name it the “ANZAC Day March”! Let’s make this occasion all about us!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how an EFC ‘march to the G’, on Anzac Day, doesn’t take even more away from the actual significance of the day.

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m not sure the suggestion was serious. It’s the one game you just couldn’t, let alone shouldn’t do it.

1 Like

‘Marches’ to games are cringey in general

R1 last year was significant in uniting the club. The dreamteam game in uniting all football fans. I’m not sure Michael Long, any of the players, or anyone here gives a ■■■■ if you’re cringeing or not.

#triggered