2018 Pre Season Discussion

The grandstand was never available.

1 Like

11 pm

5 Likes

A few updates since my last post:

• EDIT: Had heard that Fanta pinged a hammy earlier on in the week but Crow’s latest update on the club site mentions that he’s fine and right to play this week. Sorry for the freak out gang, just passing on what I’d heard - maybe it was merely tightness instead of an actual injury.

• Yeah, Lav’s hammy was a bad one. Out for 12 weeks, nothing goes right for that lad.

• The gastro thing was bad. Stewart lost 7kgs.

• Unsure what’s happening with Francis but you’d think gone.

• Smith is a jet, albeit a bit lippy.

• Stringer is about what you’d expect. A bit floggy, does some good stuff but needs to lose a ton of weight.

• Reckons losing last week wasn’t the worse thing to happen, as a few players had gotten a big head.

Again, this is all second hand info so apologies for the lack of detail - hopefully I’m wrong re the Fanta injury but we should know in the next day or two.

16 Likes

Fark!

RIP Fanta. Quad then a string. He’s so important to our side so hopefully can get right for rd1.

Wowee on Stewart and the effect of gastro.

Just want him right, and stays right. If he has to stay out a few rounds then so be it. But yes, h’s a big loss when out.

Fanta is developing a soft tissue curse. I seriously hope he’s not gonna be one of these guys who struggles his whole career

But why, the actual fk, did he train If it was tight. Why? Did we not learn a fkn thing from laverde being tight?

Pre-season Training Dates update

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news-archive/training

Saturday 10th March, 11.00am

Friday 16th March, 9.45am

Thursday 22nd March, 11am

Monday 26th March, 1.15pm

Saturday 7th April, 11am

Saturday 14th April, 11am

Sunday 22nd April, 9.45am

Saturday 28th April, 11am

Tuesday 1st May, 1.15pm

Friday 11th May, 11am

Friday 18th May, 11am

Wednesday 23rd May, 9.45am

Friday 1st June, 11am

Training times and location is subject to change depending on weather conditions.

The Bomber Café and Bomber Shop will be open for business during business hours.

Please note: Dates and times are subject to change and we will do our best to inform of such changes. The Football Department may also decide to relocate sessions due to player training loads.

If Fanta has done his string he won’t playing r1 or r2.

Wow. Wonder how much this will set him back,

A few players had gotten big heads??

From what exactly?

A final we were wiped the floor with?

Give me a break.

3 Likes

Fanta was in the training picks on the EFC website a few days ago. So he must have done the hammy then which is a week after he allegedly did hurt his quad?

Fark farkity fark

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

From the team that brought you “Getting ahead of ourselves because we kicked two goals in a row” now presents “Getting a big head because of pre-season training”.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm this hammy?

Stringer needing to lose a few kgs is what i noticed at intraclub and training.

Not sure why he isnt dropping the weight if training with mids and doing more kms than usual.

So basically Fanta’s rumoured “queasy quad” was actually a “half-baked hammy”?
Ah, the rumours on Blitz.
Could be one, the other, or the pessimists would say, both.
Given there was a comment on the Club training pics that it looked like everyone was just strolling around I’d say that’s correct.
No reason with a tight / minor hammy for Fanta not to walk through some drills.
Especially if they were about positioning (reducing the confusion).
Three weeks to round one - given this was reported a week ago no reason he can’t line up after four weeks off.

Isn’t this only his second

Injury update now available & looks ok.

the injury report…

Hurls, Cale Hooker, David Myers, Orazio – those players who weren’t playing in JLT 1 – were back here in Melbourne,” Crow said.

“They did 12.5km of good, solid football work – more than they would have got in the JLT match – and they will all be available for the JLT 2 game coming up in Colac.”

3 Likes