2018 Pre Season Discussion

If ever there is one single Essendon loss that I will truly never get over, it is that

1 Like

There is worse than that. But let’s move along.

2 Likes

Sydney ‘96’ or Carlton ‘99’ ?

Thank you for stopping when you did.

1 Like

Thankfully some of us are too young to feel that pain. Rest assured the hate for Fark Carlton is just as high.

Muprhy rasing both arms in the air after the siren is etched in my brain.

That was a bad, bad day. Still remember trying to get into Richmond station with all the scum supporters singing their filthy song.

The 99 prelim is still the worst game ever for me. Losing to that scum. It’s the reason why they’re my most hated team. Still haven’t watched the replay of the game!

5 Likes

This is astonishing if true - a team that hasn’t won a final in 13 years getting a big head based on pre-season? It’s hard to dismiss the allegation that there’s a deeply ingrained culture of mediocrity and complacency within the club if it’s true that players are getting big heads during pre-season.

1 Like

I blame David King for predicting we will win the flag in 2018.

There is a little part of me which is still annoyed about losing to port at the Docklands in 2010 by 3 points.

2 Likes

Should never have dropped that game
Eugh

1990 Grand Final and the 99 Prelim affected me the most.
Didn’t want to watch any footy for a month after those losses.

1 Like

I guess luckily, you didn’t have to

6 Likes

Funnily enough, I was pretty much just a casual fan up to 99, but became a more dedicated fan after that.

1 Like

99 was a big letdown, walking away from the G, felt almost like someone had died.

5 Likes

I hate cricket. And tennis.
Back when there was little internet and Foxtel, I’d watch weekend basketball and that’s about it. So when footy season ends, I watch old highlights or games.

Nowadays though, it’s easy to move on from a bad season and watch other sports (NBA, NFL, Serie A, etc).

Does a turnover include ball ups or throw ins? I reckon a lot of time the opposition didn’t get it directly from our kick outs (as in a straight out mark or free kick to the opposition), but the kick outs led to a nil all draw contest on the ground (or punched out of bounds), which would lead to a ball up (or throw in) & then the subsequent turnover.

Or does that come under clanger instead of turnover? Either way, same result.

1 Like

I have no idea without further data but I assume it would be a very low percentage play to score from deep and wide.