2019 Draft Watch - it’s over, apart from all the remaining bits

So can’t kick and over handballs, sounds a perfect fit for us!

1 Like

Comes from a basketball background and his kicking is improving, certainly one to watch as the year goes on

He is a recent Basketball convert, so his kicking shouldn’t be ingrained and assuming we hired a skills coach should be fixable.

Taheny played full forward for Norwood tonight in the SANFL. Kicked 5.1 and could have had another 1 or 2. On a dewy night his leading and marking in his hands at full tilt was quite impressive.

1 Like

Like Matty Dea!

Missed out on playing for afl academy against North VFL, certainly proving those selectors wrong since then

Country vs Metro on now, Metro lead by 1 point at QT but think Country look the better side so far

1 Like

New drinking game. Down a shot whenever the word “elite” is used in the commentary…

2 Likes

Young is looking very much a top 10 pick.

In fact the entire Country defence is looking very good, plenty of run and carry.

My top 5 for each team

Country
Young
Rantall
Serong
Ash
Flanders

Metro
Anderson
Rowell
McAsey
Butler
Maginess?

2 Likes

Ranking Points

Metro
Rowell 146
Anderson 128
McAsey 122
Butler 98
Newman 94
Maginess 90
Bergman 83
Bianco 82
Cassar 81
Potter 75
Jones 72
Bryan 68
Mott 64
Carafa 63
Mahony 60
Worrell 58
Sturgess 56
Honey 47
Dean 45
Ralph-Smith 39
Downie 23
Williams 17

Country
Flanders 134
Cahill 112
Young 110
Rantall 107
Ash 100
Serong 97
Hollands 96
Comben 79
Baldi 75
Kemp 72
Phillips 71
Martin 68
J.Smith 66
Sparkes 65
Dow 64
De Koning 62
Clark 53
Nyoun 53
Rowles 47
B.Smith 44
Weightman 44
Pepper 42

@THE_DON1, you didn’t have Mccasey in your top 30 at the beginning of the year. Are you now converted? Reckon he might go top 15. Looks better with every game.

Sam Flanders impressed through the midfield, very handy forward too.

T Dow looked set for a monster game early before disappearing in the second half.

Cahill looks like he’ll be a handy small forward

Rantall’s kicking didn’t seem to be an issue for him today.

Rowell and Anderson are both jets, and McAsey will be one of the first KPP’s picked.

I always liked McAsey was moreso hesitant on rating talls, he is at 22 in my latest rankings to come out

June Rankings

2 Likes

Are these your rankings?
Surprised Taheny not rated higher. 13 goals from 3 games against men in arguably the second best comp in the land.

Need to actually see him more, any time I’ve got to watch him in full matches he hasn’t done much. His form is good but I can’t exactly have them be personal rankings if I haven’t seen it for myself.

Keen to watch how he goes in the champs because he is the type of player I like, was a big fan of Rozee last year.

1 Like

Highlights of him last week

2 Likes

Pickett too high for my liking.

I preferred when he was in our range.

2 Likes

Any chance we might get Jeremy sharp?
Not likely by those standings, but he does seem to be sliding down the order.

Played junior footy with him, his pace off half back is unreal. Would contribute greatly to Saad and Mckennas run.