It’s back for season 2019! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!
Now in its 13th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.
Past winners include:
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
This year’s prize has once again come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon and I think it will go down well. A signed 2018 Joe Daniher jumper! It’s brand new with tags and medium in size. Who wouldn’t want to win that?
Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:
- You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
- Download the entry spreadsheet from here FLR 2019 - Your Blitz Name.xls
- Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
- Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 198 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
- Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces). Give it about 24 hours to be processed as I’m not checking that inbox too often.
- You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday 21st March 2019, 19:20 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
- Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
- Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
- In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
- Darren Bewick
- Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
- Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
- Anybody who wants their “ladder” can request that in their entry email.
- Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.
That’s it. Any other rules I have forgotten will be made up as required.
Go for it! Last year we had 63 entries - let’s hope we can do better this year!
2019 Entry List (4)