2019 Lid Off! Red and black vexillolographers welcome

And then we’ll change the game plan in the off season. Again.

Didn’t lose a game today, and I haven’t missed blitz footy threads. Freedom!!!

2 Likes

Lid on

Oi. There’s about 78 other threads where you can take your negativity.

This place is a safe space for some of us!

8 Likes

We’ll beat the Dees in an ugly encounter on Fri night and I’ll be all “in your face” to the gloomers for no valid reason at all.

8 Likes

Sportsbet are paying $4.50 for us to make the 8. I’ve already committed to this clapper thing so i may as well stick a $100 on and go down with the ship.

9 Likes

Easy money! Load up!

2 Likes

I believe a win against Melbourne would go some way to righting the ship.
It wouldn’t mean nothing.
I don’t care how Melbourne have gone for the first two rounds, it’s still Melbourne at the 'G.
A team we’ve had a lot of problems with over the last decade (while there is one glorious victory that gave us just a little payback, we’re still on the wrong side of the ledger there).
They finished fifth last year with 131%.

And screw the stats on 0-2 going into finals.
What are the stats on a team that’s 1-2?

We need to turn our season around and this is the perfect opportunity to do it.

12 Likes

Oliver will rack up 50 disposals. 30 contested… it will happen.

Wrong thread.

1 Like

Yep. And IF we were to make finals i still see Melbourne as one of the side we’d be competing with for the bottom of the 8. Would be good to get them to 0-3 and make it a little harder. I want a response like we had against Geelong in round 9 last year. It kicked off a great run of form. Clap Clap.

1 Like

A few decent teams have dropped games they shouldn’t have.
We need to capitalise on that this week.

2 Likes

This week is our chance to turn things around.

Melbourne have been awful and if we apply the same pressure and intensity around the ball as in the 3rd quarter we are in with a shot.

Melbourne have been getting it forward a lot but just bombing it on the head of weideman, pettracca and McDonald. If Hooker is back particularly we should be able to cope with that.

Melbourne have been terrible down back and will be losing May this week (again) which won’t assist with their continuity. On form it’s an even match up. With the right attitude we should win this.

1 Like

M
O
M
E
N
T
U
MOMENTUM

2 Likes

These boys can play footy. They didn’t simply forget how over the off-season. Now they’re obviously struggling so it’s gotta be something. I reckon there’s a fair bit to what Dys said about game plan. I would have liked the club to come out and clarify fully.

If that is the case then we need to be far more willing to accept that it will take time, which I guess we would be if we weren’t fed the same ■■■■ year in year out.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single loss cause so many to break character in this thread.

2 Likes

And some who have broken character are the ones you least expect. You expect the happy clappers to become bloomers but here we have Wim posting in this thread?

3 Likes

Almost everyone has a lid off mode.

The issue at present, is that the more you let it win, the more you risk getting hurt. It’s like love. Isn’t that sweet.

5 Likes

And we could still win.
he had 44 last week and they got smashed!

Tom Mitchell got 50 against the Giants last year and Hawks still lost.

1 Like

Probably because most of us believed the horse crap we’ve been fed, lifted our hopes that just maybe and we wanted it to be true. Now we’re angry and can see the days turning into weeks and games being frittered away. Yes its early days but we are near the bottom of the ladder. It won’t take much from where we are to go nowhere.

It will take almost a super human effort to get our season back on track because we are simply in a rut and the players heads are up a dark passage somewhere else? We absolutely do lack leadership in the group. Stringer stood up and a couple of others but the rest are looking to be led. If that is the case, then play the kids who have shown some talent. Drop a few players who won’t be part of our future and get on with it.