2019 Lid Off! Red and black vexillolographers welcome

How’s the fence sitting going @samwoods? Keeping a leg in both lid threads I see. :wink:

1 Like

I acknowledge that I am bi-lid.

I find I have thoughts filled with hopes and fears suitable for both threads.

5 Likes

We all have those thoughts and fears. We just suppress them until the evidence is irrefutable. We’ll beat the Pies by 7 goals. :wink:

1 Like

Can’t fkn wait for Joey to nail his 4th from 80 out.

2 Likes

No team has won 4 in a row yet this season. If we win on Thursday, we will be 4 and 2 and probably move into the top 6

Collingwood is fancied by some as a top 4 side and with premiership expectations. We beat them and its no longer a case of folk saying we just disposed of easybeats that all played badly. There will not be any excuses, we will justifiably be regarded as a contender.

If we convincingly beat the Pies (current premiership fav) and the Cats (2nd fav), I think the bookies will install us as premiership favourites by end Round 7. That’s nuts but it is that open a year.

Lid orf!

1 Like

I like it!

However im nervous. Literally every other time we’ve had one of these ‘dork in the road’ type games in the last 5 or so years we’ve gone in the wrong direction.

1 Like

Yeah I’m nervous too. But I feel that we are ready to turn the corner and start winning these games.

Damn I’m excited. Weather is shaping up for a good day too by the look of it.

l am pumped and reckon we will roll the Pies. In the words of Gough, “It is time.”

2 Likes

It’s always lovely on Anzac Day isn’t it? It rained in the last 5 minutes of the Zaka game and throughout the whole of the Mark McGough game but other than than I can’t recall it raining much

That would probably put us on top of the ladder, give or take percentage

And I didn’t feel a drop!

It’s going to be raining bomber goals

5 Likes

The bombers are farken hot! Ho hoh hoooo

1 Like

Neither did “garbage bag girl”!!

1 Like

The 2017 game which we won, rained for 10-15 mins in the first quarter. Very lightly though.

1 Like

keep this rain talk in the rain thread

1 Like

Well that had put a downer on things. We’ve had these “statement games” before and have come up well short

Oi!

You leave Arms Girl alone.

1 Like