2019 Lid Off! Red and black vexillolographers welcome

And alphabetically the Eagles are second last.

Identical record so far…

@chris_64 a.k.a champion data guy is posting in the lid off thread!!!

Lock us in for winning the Grand Final!!!

3 Likes

Posting in this thread is worse than being married. The constant criticism of the quality of my lid-offishness is hard to bear. At least you guys are not entitled to 60% of my assets.:grinning:

4 Likes

No, but the club demands your first born.

4 Likes

Go back to the lid on thread

Edit. @cul_de_sac beat me to it

1 Like

Tried to be conservative and came up with this.

Have Geelong higher than I would have thought originally.

1 Like

Tried to be conservative… with 18 wins. Love it!

I think Brisbane will be much better, North too. Agree that Geelong are too high.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s anyones guess this time of the year.

So much can happen throughout the year.

A lots riding on Joe for us in my opinion.

If he’s fit I think we are a realistic chance of top 4.

I’m quite the fan of Sydney finishing ninth with 13 wins after losing two of their last three games.
Well done, that man.

3 Likes

AFL might not be so happy their love child won’t make finals

Stuff them then.

2 Likes

Get lethal!

(BTW his other posts are hilarious)

Their love child? Got dudded by the umps in GF to get the Dogs over the line. The AFL made up some rule on the fly that prevented them from trading when they took away COLA too.

Carlton way too high.

1 Like

Geelong have the strangest draw, they could lose there first 7-8 games and they don’t play Brisbane and Carlton until the last two rounds.

1 Like

They will win their fair share of games at home I think.

They are certainly on the slow slide though.

Terrible place for footy club to be in I think. Better off just bottoming out for a season or two and then going again.

AFL 2019: Kevin Sheedy backs Essendon for big season, Dylan Shiel

Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

3 minutes

Legendary Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy believes the Bombers could be in for a “damn good season” in 2019 if some of their emerging young players can continue to develop and put pressure on spots.

The four-time premiership coach said the list the Bombers had put together was more than capable of playing finals football, something the club has achieved just four times in the past 14 years.

Legendary Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy has backed his beloved Bombers to have a big season. Picture: George Salpigtidis

Essendon last won a final in 2004 when Sheedy was still coach — a drought that has now reached 5261 days.

“I think John (Worsfold) and the recruiting department and coaches have worked really hard to try and get us a group of players that might get us some positivity about finals footy and that would be great to achieve that,” Sheedy said.

“It’s always disappointing if you’ve got a good side and you’ve got a good list and you miss the eight and that’s going to happen to probably four clubs. That’s how tight this competition is.

“But I’d be hoping the football department will be wanting to do pretty well and make the finals.”

Sheedy said he believed recruit Dylan Shiel was a “very good get”, having coached the midfielder during his time at Greater Western Sydney.

Essendon training at Tullamarine. Dylan Shiel at training today. Pic: Michael Klein

Shiel played 135 games across seven seasons with the Giants and averaged 25.9 disposals from 23 games last season.

“I’m not always rapt that the Giants have got to keep throwing players out to other clubs around Australia after they’ve developed them but they can’t keep them in their salary cap,” Sheedy said.

“We needed to get another top-quality midfielder and he’s a strong player.

“After Jobe Watson retired (in 2017) we needed to get that next group to assist the captain, Dyson (Heppell), around that midfield area. We got some very good gets.”

However, while he did not want to name names, Sheedy said he felt young players who had been blooded over the past two years would be key to Essendon’s prospects this year.

“There should be four talented, ready-to-go young Bombers that have been blooded over the last year or two and if they get their act together and they get their professionalism spot on I think the Bombers could have a damn good season,” he said.

Sheedy coached Dylan Shiel during their time at GWS.

2 Likes

That was because they wanted to trade with us during the Saga, wasn’t it?

Do you think his last comment on 4 younger players being the difference is specific or generalised? Do we just need 4 to step up or is he talking McGrath, Langford, Parish and Francis?