2019 Odds

This thread is about odds! Don’t kill it, @barnz!

Two (very brief, very very obvious) points:

1. Pokies are different to other forms of gambling because many many many reasons;

2. I never said I wanted pokies banned, i said I didn’t want Essendon to own them. If Ess owned a corporate bookmaker I would also be very critical of that too (and I have been in the past critical of our 'Bombers fans do you like a punt" days).

3. Shuddup, Barnz

Anyway. I like my bet at 16s, especially given we are now $9s. I reckon we’re a real shot next year despite the lack of finals experience.

This year?

Yep. It takes me till about March to start saying ‘this year’

$9 is crazy short for a side out of finals, before a ball’s been kicked. I got on the Eagles at the start of finals last year at $7 - and they finished 2nd on the ladder, with a double chance and home prelim.

I’ve got
EFC for top 4 at $3.10
C*nton for least wins @ $6.50
Shiel for BL at $67
GC for 7+ wins at $26

The odds this time of year are always a bit nuts (too short) Once games start being played they lengthen significantly

Unless we start 10 zip - then we could only dream of $9 odds

Will Setterfield currently running second for RS betting at $7.50

According to talking C*nton, he’s still only running laps.

If you’ve got an account at betfair or another exchange, lay the hell out of that madness.

I’m not so sure on Melbourne I can easily see them taking a step back they finshed 5th and will have a harder draw.

1 Like

Nic Nat is over-rated, but he does look exotic. Anyway WCE won the GF with journeymen ruckmen, against the #1 ruck in the comp.

1 Like

Just trying to be realistic

Thanks, blood pressure now returning to normal!

I reckon that should be $126!

And this year you’ll win all 3. Langford. Merrett. #17.

1 Like