2019 practice match v Coburg 3pm Sat 23rd March Craigieburn

Sadly, if they played for Hawks or Geelong, their senior side would not have put in such a ■■■■■■■■ performance, so they would likely still be in the VFL net week.

Well discoworld (whoever they are, I thought it was a SF book from the '60s) was wrong. Plus there font is too blooody small to read.

It’s first historical use ws by the Sumerians many thousands of years ago.

The Indians were probably first to use it in mathematics; the Arabs would have learnt that (together with numerals) and only introduced to Europe by Fibonacci less than a millennium ago.

Hang on, let me google that:

1 Like

As to the Indian use of zeros in large numbers, the lakhs and crores were a nightmare for me working with them on quantities - a double zero there, a triple zero elsewhere.

You can tap and do the wiggly thing with your fingers to make it bigger.

Wiggly fingers do not work on my desktop computer’s monitor.

I don’t think that was what @wimmera1 was referring to…

1 Like

Any update on Long’s injury?

Woosha mentioned him the press conference but he said he wasn’t sure of his injury status.

All set up for “Zac Clarke to make his debut for Essendon”.

I’ve have zero issue with that, for all everyone’s complaining from JLT 1 about his mistakes, he put in a tonne more effort around the ground than TBC did on the weekend. Plus I actually think he’s a better forward anyway.

His first half was not great but the conditions weren’t in his favour. By the second half he was finding his mojo and doing good things esp when forward.

He’s a better forward, imo. But not a better ruckman.

I can see him replacing McKernan.

A.c. joint not right

If we go with Clark I’m done.

Last thing we need is another scrubber in the forwardline that doesn’t apply pressure.

3 Likes

snaps from the VFL game

VFL gallery: Dons v Coburg

Essendon VFL’s charge towards the 2019 season went up a gear with a 100-point win over Coburg in a practice match at RAMS Arena on Saturday.

Despite a scrappy start battling against strong wind, the Bombers kicked a 10-goal-to-nil second term to ultimately seal the 23.11 (149) to 7.7 (49) victory.

The match marked the long-awaited return of senior-listed Bomber Marty Gleeson , while youngster Mason Redman also made his comeback from a fractured ankle sustained in pre-season.

Below is a selection of images from the game.

Ben McNiece. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Irish recruit Ray Connellan. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Danny Younan and captain Aaron Heppell. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Tom Jok. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Darcy Parish (left) celebrates one of his five goals. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Noah Gown dishes off to Kobe Mutch. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Wilson Berry. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Dylan Clarke. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Heath Hocking. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Zac Clarke. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Sam Draper. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

Marty Gleeson. (Photo: Ben Johnstone)

4 Likes