2019 round 1 vs GWS - game day thread

Fitzroy in their last season would

Gleeson, Redman, Parish, Begley, Laverde, Draper, Zerk all play with an edge, all should be brought in

5 Likes

A real shame this wasn’t played in Melbourne so these bunch of cowards could see the reaction of supporters

This is just disappointing and sad - DISAPPOINTING as like most on here we’ve been through many ups and downs with this club - stuck by them and will continue to stick by them but it’s time to be honest I’m over the lies and broken promises - our players lack the simple skills of picking up the ball, executing a handball efficiently, being able to kick to a target or even more importantly giving things a red hot crack as a team. SAD because I’ve come to expect it - I feel like I just go through the motions watching my team - I love footy and watching teams develop sadly mine is the one that makes me lose that passion. I’ll be there next week supporting us, I can cope with losing but not in the manner in which we did today. I would love to see 22 guys giving it a red hot go, standing by one another, supporting their mates, building their belief and being a team…

1 Like

Hahahaha you never cease to amaze me mike

The absolute problem with this club, imagine al Clarkson or Hardwick being ok with that ■■■■

4 Likes

I’d show that in the team review, and then get the entire VFL team to put on some boxing gloves and work him over.

1 Like

Who were your best?

Parish?

This club likes to play the nice card all the time and now it’s being displayed on the field.

2 Likes

not one of our players had any impact at all on the game
One of tbe worst efc performances i have seen
I hope we bounce back

No I actually thought langford was up there but its beside the point.

He is miles off what a club needs to be considered good.
Thats our problem.

1 Like

Maybe they started the season thinking Shiel and Big Joe were going to do the whole thing themselves…

Im confused what the point is?

I said he was one of our best and you agree?

I’m confused.

I said you never cease to amaze me,

I didnt say I disagree with you.

You amaze me because Instead of blowing your ■■■■■■■ gasket like any normal essendon supporter should after that insip performance you harp on about your favourite boy langford haha.

But yeah he was one of the better players today and one of the only lads that can hit a target

at least watching in the 70’s the team would at least have go but were not up to standard. but without the 70’s the young players that started in the 70’s the 80’s would not of been as good. this side you don’t see the kids except for a 1 or 2 games now and then. heart is missing and i have followed for 65 years

1 Like

Don’t worry mate I’m p11ssed with that performance but I still want something to celebrate.

I would be dropping Heppell and Myers back to the VFL after todays performances.

Both were were weak in the contest.

1 Like

Heff5 came up to me and gave me a kiss and said essendon need a “never give up attitude.” (Its one of his school values).

Today has got to be one of the worst efforts I’ve ever seen.

My guess is, The wrong kind of people have been running the club for far too long. Board/management/coaching staff and so on.

All done for ego and money. Must be.

No one cares, it’s obvious, continuously giving up when it all gets a bit too hard just proves it.

All rather just look good, get paid, and hold their social standing.

Sad.

1 Like

Can’t believe i stayed up until 2am for this ■■■■!

1 Like

He mustn’t go to the right kind of schools then