2020 Draft Watch (Part 1)

Hey guys, just thought you guys may be interested in a bit of information that will be probably leaked to the media in the next week or two. I’m a relative of Jamarra Ugle-Hagan. A lot of you probably won’t know who he is. But he’s a young kid who’s entering this years upcoming draft. And a pretty highly rated one at that. He’s a part of the Bulldogs NGA program as it stands. But to put it lightly, the relationship between the club and Marra and our camp is fractured. And we are pretty determined to get him to another footy club. I won’t go into much detail at the moment because I’m sure it will all come out soon. But it has to do with a certain high ranking board member. And also the bulldogs lack of any proper investment in Aboriginal culture. The club started to do a bit of work after knowing Marra was highly rated and part of the NGA but other than 3 hours a year not much at all.

I’m posting on here because from our knowledge over the last couple of days, Essendon have become aware of the situation. (As well as Geelong) who originally had Jamarra as part of their Indigenous program before the Bulldogs were given Warrnambool as part of their NGA. He also did a couple of camps down at Geelong and went overseas with Matthew Stokes as part of the same program. And as soon as Geelong found out about the situation they’ve been in contact with Marra’s manager. And it’s exactly the same for Essendon.

Marra has made it clear he doesn’t want to move interstate, even though he has family in WA. He’s keen to stay in Victoria. So a trade looks most likely instead of electing to nominate for the Draft. The entire Ugle family are all mad Essendon supporters. And one of his closest mates in Lachy Johnson was drafted by the Bombers last year.

As it stands Geelong are the club who’s put the most work into him. And have been in contact with him throughout the entirety of his time as a member of the Dogs NGA, knowing that his relationship with them has been less than ideal. But as it has broken down over the last two months they definitely consider themselves a huge chance to get him with 3 first round picks at their disposal this year. And as I said, Essendon have caught wind of the situation through Marra’s manager and have also entered discussions. But completing a trade with the Bulldogs is another obstacle completely. But they know that trading him and getting value for him would be a lot more beneficial for them than letting him walk to the draft and them keeping their pick around 5-8.

20 Likes