2020 Draft Watch (Part 1)

3.14 mark, sitting down with a white hat :wink:

Hey mate. Love your work, but Fyfe is in the bottom 10% of AFL kicks. If he was even a “good” kick he’d be crazy all time level maddog, but alas, horrible kick.

As for McInness, I have it on good authority that he has elite pace but has no tank and thus not a realistic AFL midfielder. Big question marks on his endurance.

Fyfe has improved his kicking heaps in the last 24 months. He’s not that bad a kick at all

2 Likes

Who cares if Reef can kick, I just wanna screw over collingwood

1 Like

would take a fyfe in a heart beat tho.

You’re not even watching the action

1 Like

What’s great about putting a bid on McInnes at 6 is that even if it is a slight reach and Collingwood decide to not bid - who cares, as we can still grab the 6th and 7th best prospects at picks 7 and 8 anyway

2 Likes

So is it now looking like the best likely outcome for us could be Phillips/Perkins, Henry and Bruhn with 6,7&8?

And in shorts?

1 Like

Neither is Cal :wink: Honestly though there wasn’t much to look at on that side of the ground which is why we moved to the other side.

1 Like

@THE_DON1, would either Power or Poulter be too much of a reach at 8?

Powell would, Poulter borderline but yeah think both are too early at that point, we really don’t need a Powell type he is the most Sinai or player to our current midfield group even moreso than the likes of Phillips and Bruhn

Thanks mate, just thinking that (wishful thinking) Phillips/Bruhn/Perkins and Poulter would not be the worst result with 6,7,8,

1 Like

@THE_DON1 what is your honest assessment of Henry please? Could he be worth top 10 as a likely permanent HF only?

I think he can be an elite talent but I prefer him down back rather than a forward but should still become a very good forward. He would be a worthy top 10 pick

1 Like

So ,at least in his first few years he would not be a key position player . Wingman ? Hate taking players with no definite role .

No doubt, He is one of the best players this century.

@THE_DON1 Thanks for the reply to my question.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t take at least one tall in the three picks.

2 Likes

I meant in terms of height and ability to drift forward.

1 Like