2020 From Long Range Competition - We have a winner!

It’s back for season 2020! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!

Now in its 14th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.

Past winners include:

2007 Sloots
2008 Mero
2009 swoodley
2010 #11
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
2012 WindyDill
2013 Paddyl90
2014 Ivan
2015 Quietachiever
2016 CrazyBomber
2017 Paddyl90
2018 Klawdy
2019 swoodley, samwoods, Cyberbomber

Last year’s prize was a Joe Daniher signed jumper which @swoodley won on a countback.

This year’s prize has once again come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon and I think it’s a ripper. A team signed (circa) 2003 jumper! It’s brand new and XL in size which will suit a larger bodied Blitzer and will lessen the need for winter diets and slimming regimes. There are some very famous (and infamous) signatures on this one - who wouldn’t want to win it?

(I am sure there is a keen eyed Blitzer who is going to tell me which year’s list has signed it - I just can’t be bothered working it out! )

In my opinion, aesthetically this is the best jumper that Essendon has worn - the perfect sash perhaps? It has been kept in a frame up until recently so it’s in pristine condition.

Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:

1. You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
  2. Download the entry spreadsheet from here FLR 2020 - Your Blitz Name.xls
  3. Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
  4. Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 198 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
  5. Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces). Give it about 24 hours to be processed as I’m not checking that inbox too often.
  6. You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday 19th March 2020, 19:25 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
  7. Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
  8. Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
  9. In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
  10. Darren Bewick
  11. Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
  12. Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
  13. Anybody who wants their “ladder” can request that in their entry email.
  14. Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.

That’s it. Any other rules I have forgotten will be made up as required.

Go for it! Last year we had 63 entries - let’s hope we can do better this year! Who knows, it may be the last year of this comp …

2020 Entry List (41)

aboods
Acorn
AnnStBomber
Blakey
BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS
BomberAbroad
BomberMcVeigh
Borneo13tk2
brem06
Captain Jack
CyberBomber
Fairybread
frankston_bomber2005
Gorgo
HurleyBurley
Jackman7
Kj_11
Klawdy
Koala
long_haul
Mackster
Muriel_St_Bomber
nickers
No.10
Paddyl90
percebushby
PHBomber
Quietachiever
redbull
riska
Samwoods
Scorpio
Scotty21
sweatyman
swoodley
TREVORBIX
Vince_Black
Windyhill
Wrighty05
Yossarian
Zimmer

12 Likes

Great job @BomberMcVeigh. This is one of my favourite parts of the season.

5 Likes

I got so close last year. Watch me do a Melbourne this year.

2 Likes

51eae8f75b63abcc8b7472b3de13a97da5ca9501_2_375x500

:hushed:

That’s amazing mate.

1 Like

Thanks. It probably contains all of the signatures of our last team to win a final - it’s overdue for a replacement!

1 Like

If I win, can I sell it to you, mate, seeing as it won’t fit me. :wink:

#frodotogollum

3 Likes

Ill go again :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a genuine collectors item - a jumper from a season when we won a final…

5 Likes

I’ve got a kids size that we can straight swap.

3 Likes

Oooooh, I’ve always wanted a droopy sash! Love your work @BomberMcVeigh

Bring it on!

1 Like

As Con the Fruiterer once said “Beautiful”.

And, many thanks, @BomberMcVeigh

1 Like

I’ll be back again.

My daughter thanks you for the Joe Daniher jumper (it was just slightly too small for me :rofl: )

2 Likes

Every season l look forward to this thread with great anticipation. Cannardly wait to sit down and paw over the fixture. Last season l had issues with making selections and ended up picking the whole season in about an hour. Flat out. Not. going. to.happen. this year.

Many thanx are to BomberMcVeigh for running this competition year after year, and cheers for providing such great prizes.

To those who are new to BBlitz, get on board and have some fun with this great competition, one of the best features on all of BBlitz.

7 Likes

Will definitely be in again, thanks BMcV

1 Like

Excellent @BomberMcVeigh - I’ll be in again

1 Like

YES!!! One of the best things about this site…sometimes the best thing about this site! Cheers for running this again mate.

2 Likes

I’ll study the form in the pre-season comp, although it probably won’t help. FLR is definitely one of the yearly footy highlights.

2 Likes

Bump!

I’ve finished my selections & officially entered.

Thanks for taking the time to run this @BomberMcVeigh

3 Likes

One preseason game each was enough to get a feel for the season?

2 Likes

Absolutely, I’ve gone from being uncertain, to confirming all my usual biases. Took all of 5 mins while having a coffee.

I usually just get in before Rd1, so maybe doing something different this year might improve my abysmal showings in this.

As a former winner, what are your secrets to success?

3 Likes