2020 Membership Slogan - Mighty Moments, Mighty Bombers

Could the last one out please turn the lights off?

The Dead Heart

Bound by Boos

“Mighty Moments, Mighty Bombers” apparently.

I know they have to do this but it makes me cringe talking us up when we’ve been so $hit for so long.

2 Likes

Yep +1

Modest moments, Mediocre Bombers.

3 Likes

Mighty Moments…um…when?

Fixed

1 Like

Funny thing is, the more I think about it, there actually have been a LOT of good moments where we’ve had last gasp wins over the last 5 or so years. So I could see how it would come together ok in a highlights video.
They’ve just ALL been in home and away games that’s all.

2 Likes

“We used to be good”

Oh, we would have a hell of a good highlights reel.

Just hasn’t amounted to anything at the business end of the season.

I’m kind of tired of mighty moments, and am looking for a mighty season.

2 Likes

Have to agree with you here.

Sick of the moments.

‘Week in / Week Out - Never leave our fans in Doubt

1 Like

Wait…
The Xavier Campbell thread (and any other relevant thread) bags the club for ‘driving purposeful innovation’ yet not showing strong leadership by putting ‘premierships first’, yet when a membership slogan talks us up it is just as equally seen as a negative…

I wonder what reaction it would get if it was a picture of the AFL premiership with a simple slogan like ‘we got this’ was used.

Yeah, like I said, I realise they have to do this.

They can’t run a membership campaign saying “we’re generally a moderate to poor side - secure your membership for season 2020 today”

I dunno, it’s a personal thing but at the moment I just cringe at any reference to us being described as mighty, that’s all. Many others wouldn’t I’m sure :+1:

I’ll buy my membership as usual anyhow.

Credit where it’s due there is a mention of the goal of winning premierships.

4 Likes

download

3 Likes

Mighty moments = we can play well for 5 or 10 minutes a game, but that’s about it sorry.

The last bit is the redacted part.

I’m sure it’s been said in a number of forms.

1 Like

It must have been the chat with @JohnRain

4 Likes

It may well have been.

2 Likes

“We got 99 problems but winning finals ain’t one of ‘em”

Yay we can relieve Zakas goal winning kick on Anzac Day again. Because we only have this type of moments in the last 15 years.

2 Likes