2020 round 4 - Matchday thread - F*** Carlton

Pittonet only playing as Kreuzer injured.
Blues will have tough decision to make when Kreuzer is back, may need to play Kreuzer up forward and relief ruck.

If Carlton were smart they would make Kruezer force his way back in. He’s always on the precipice of injury anyway.

2 Likes

Hello club account. Nice to see your happy little self back.

1 Like

God no.

Blues by 22

Instaban

Fixed

1 Like

Phillips should be playing before Bellchambers

Lol, you guys just keep being cocky.

You’ll see

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

10 Likes

This is where I miss Sheedy as coach he would have been razzing up the players all week for this game

I can’t see the purpose of trading for somebody if they are only to be Belly’s backup. The whole idea is to improve not maintain the status quo.

We should have been trading for someone to compete with Draper.

We got Crauford to play the backup role to Draper, with Bryan to come in later.

1 Like

The Bombers will start strongly as they did in R1 and R2, with good midfield and forward pressure. Carlton have marked well inside 50 this season but with McKay out and pressure from our mids, expect a clunk-fest from Hooker, Hurley, Francis and Gleason. Betts will be totally dominated by Saad.

Cripps will play well, but will always have a couple of our mids hanging off him and will tire badly in the second half. Our mids will dominate the outside. Zaka will collect 20+ possessions including a goal on the run from 50m.

Weitering will hold McKernan for most of the game but Smack will manage a couple of freakish goals from 50m on the boundary. Our small forwards will punish Docherty and Simpson every time they give them space, which they will do far too often. Stringer is building and might just go nuts.

Bombers by 32, having taken their foot off the gas in the last (because we always do).

8 Likes

He was an upgrade on Clarke.

Thats debatable considering he’s not playing.

He needed to be better than Belly, who doesn’t have enough influence.

That’s not true at all. We had Clarke for depth, he wasn’t good, we got somebody else. Not every player you bring in has to be best 22. Having decent depth is important.

He is.
The question is why is Bellchambers still getting a game?

2 Likes

Crauford and Bryan are young and inexperienced. They may make it or they may not.

Belly is depth.

1 Like

Yes. Just like Draper was. It’s called future planning.

I’d be pretty comfortable saying I think Bryan looks like the real deal

7 Likes