2021 Essendon VFL discussion thread - 22(!) teams, 3 states, 16 rounds

What’s happening with us signing any VFL players. Every time I look up I see Box Hill have signed another experienced player, Trent Mynott being the latest.

Where the hell are you following Box Hill VFL news? If I didn’t go on Bomberblitz I would barely know the VFL existed (admittedly I live in QLD)

It’s called Twitter mate. Not following anyone but others do. It’s not that hard.

1 Like

Two replacement writers, plus two new (?) videographers:

Reporting to the Multimedia & Video Producer, students will be involved with filming and producing VFLM and VFLW match day content. This includes shooting and editing match highlights and post-game interviews, as well as producing broadcast highlights for the club’s digital channels.

3 Likes

You should apply @theDJR. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope Ben Johnstone isn’t losing his job!

I’m still hanging out for the day Carl Lewis hands back his gold medal.

1 Like

Is there any news coming regarding signings for our current VFL squad?
Seems really quiet on the VFL front.

Not directly Essendon VFL related but…

2 Likes

This is heart breaking news. Sack Dodoro.

1 Like

Who is the Premiership Bulldog we’ve added to our VFL team as per the Herald Sun behind it’s paywall.

1 Like

fletcher roberts

2 Likes

Thats a good get.

Hopefully that’s a sign that Zerk will play more seniors.

2 Likes

Finally, some news on our VFL team!

1 Like

Roberts would essentially be Hartley’s replacement, we needed the extra KPD after letting both Hartley and Brown go. Glad we got one with good experience.

2 Likes

Good point, forgot about Hartley.

The experience Roberts will bring to the young players will be great for their development.

1 Like

Some snippets in today’s Moonee Valley Leader:

“[Fletcher Robert has] also done a psych degree, so he’s going to do a bit of work through the club and implement a few things at VFL level.”

“Essendon’s VFL list will embark on a pre-season camp to Numurkah before its first practice match against Northern Blues on Friday.”

They also confirm Hugh Haysman (#5 versus Casey) has joined the VFL list, and mention that Matthew “Big Red” Darby (previously played for us in 2017 and 2018 before injury intervened) and his Avondale Heights teammate Muhammad Saad are possible inclusions for our 2020 VFL squad.

6 Likes

Muhammed Saad is the brother of Adam and played his junior footy as a forward. I think he was the brother who lived up on the GC with Adam for a time.

5 Likes

The camp was last weekend.

1 Like

Can we expect another hit out this weekend for the vfl boys, or do they have the week off?