2021 Non Essendon Pre Season Games

read on the sun’s website they can’t live stream it due to the aflw game

Fck them all I say chose the easy option true Essendon players would stick around and help the club succeed

1 Like

I hate the fact they left and hope they don’t have any success but I can’t really begrudge any player leaving us currently

4 Likes

If players want to leave good luck to them but I won’t have any sympathy once you leave the club you are just another opposistion player

I hope we win a flag before any of those three master splinters win one…dreams…

But but Daniher is no good and we won’t miss him because he’s always injured anyhow!

2 Likes

This hurts

1 Like

To me Daniher stings the most because
He wanted to leave Melbourne asks for swans

Swans go downhill suddenly wants lions

(I know people will say he enjoyed the hub just cannot help but feel this way)

1 Like

Would have been good to have the version of Daniher that was playing and playing to a high level consistently over the last few years.

He will have a big year I reckon, I certainly don’t begrudge him leaving. If I played for us and had the choice I would have left long ago!

We won’t miss how he moped around at half rat power for the last few years. Was obvious he wasn’t happy and it’s amazing how much better you can play when you are happy. Provided he stays injury free he was always going to be a decent player for them but unfortunately I don’t think we would have ever seen it again for us. Sometimes you have to cut your losses

I know we needed to let him go, but there were bozo’s on this site saying he wasn’t that good.

Fully fit he was our one and only match winner. Best player the club has has since Hird.

1 Like

Fully fit? The guy was barely trying and taking the ■■■■ in the end, clearly not committed to the club. A big slap in the face to all the fans that backed him watching him sit on the fence in games and now suddenly he’s working his ■■■■ off at his new club weeks later.

7 Likes

I wonder if our fitness staff will get any credit for getting him right?

1 Like

I don’t think so. Most media commentary I’ve seen has talked about the Brisbane fitness staff and how Daniher hasn’t missed a session this pre season (didn’t mention that he was okay to play during the end of the 2020 season).

4 Likes

Watching JD tear it up this year towards a possible flag will hurt bad. And it will happen 100% For me as a supporter I feel him leaving will annoy me most always. But if these kids come on and we can get back into contention in 2-3 years then it will no longer tear me apart every time he kicks a bag and stands on heads

Daniher (to his credit) said that his body has been feeling fine since the last month of the season last year.

Yeah this annoys me the most

Have a mate who is a lions supporter and will claim they fixed him

To a degree they have.

He was mentally cooked here and we weren’t fixing it

Brisbane win by 9 goals

I think Brisbane are more likely to win the flag in the next 3 years than us. That takes Joe up to 30 doesn’t it?

Good luck to him and he got us a first rounder in return.

I’m hopeful that we will be building quickly though. Similar to how Brisbane have built over the past 3 years.

1 Like