2021 Retirements and Delistings

Eddie Betts has officially announced his retirement. I’ll miss him.

4 Likes

I know the soft cap has been reduced but it would be good if Hooker and Hurley could be kept in some sort of mentoring roles.

1 Like

Is Carlisle official?

Has he got injuries or has he literally just gone downhill and flat out delisted?

1 Like

There were doubts that his body would allow him to play again. His back is cooked

1 Like

A cracking trade for us in hindsight (don’t anyone try and tell me picking Francis lessens the merit of it).

2 Likes

David Astbury from Richmond. Bit of a surprise seeing there are quite a few there older than him.

Four weeks ago, I’d have said Cotchin was past cooked…possibly charcoal, but has been good the last few.

And Levi Casboult, as expected.

Correct. Outcome of draft pick is not related to success of trade.

I wonder if we foresaw a shortened career for him?

St Kilda won’t be offering Jake Carlisle a contract.

I wonder if that club is farked too?

3 Likes

Reece Conca to be delisted by the Dockers.

And before anyone asks…no!

2 Likes

Bachar Houli has retired. Excellent career which unfortunately (for Essendon) played out mostly with the wrong coloured sash.

8 Likes

David McKay from the Crows retiring.

The AFL won’t like all these players going early; less opportunity for media attention later on during the flatter parts of the year.

Houli Had an excellent career for the Bendigo Bombers

We traded him for Darcy Parish yeah? lol

Francis & Bird.

2 Likes

We ought to grab Betts as our new Indigenous Liaison Officer at the Hangar.

1 Like

Anyone care to update?

I can’t be bothered :smiley:

Richmond are delisting Patrick Naish.

Freo are delisting Brett Bewley, Taylor Dumin, Tobe Watson and Stefan Giro. A couple of those were playing regularly at the end of the season.

If ever we picked up a delisted free agent on their name only, this would be the one.

1 Like