2021 round 1 vs Hawks - level-headed review

They don’t have much of anything I am afraid but size is not an attribute. A forward line of Snelling, Ham and Cahill is totally uninspiring.

2 Likes

at least we’ll know by about 2:30 tomorrow how badly we’re gonna get pumped next week.

You could also argue that about Hawthorns outs too. Ultimately, if we want to improve as a team, we need to beat substandard teams like the Hawks, but unfortunately, we are a long way from being above substandard ourselves.

2 Likes

Crap forward line. Take Walla out and that is probably the worst forward line in the comp.

1 Like

Francis left his man, ran 30m to crash a pack and out a big spoil on the ball over the boundary. Thought that was desperate and unselfish.

4 Likes

Very strong statement.
Can you expand on this ?

I assume you don’t like his lackadaisical nature.
I feel he’s been improving incrementally every year.
I’m not sure we can afford to demote a player that can use the ball by foot, and has a semblance of composure in traffic.

Our midfield is lacking in quality by foot.
Just curious why you don’t rate him ?

Disclosure…I left at 3 qtr time because I was bitterly disappointed with that 3rd, so I’m yet to see the last qtr in its entirety.

lets continue here wimm.

if he doesn’t fall over first.

He may not have, but Cale Hooker is a very smart defender. It would also have given us a different option up forward, one that perhaps would have changed the way they walked the ball out of the backline and set up their plays forward.

We’ll never know.

2 Likes

he had a shocker. but i wouldn’t drop him yet.

That was kind of my point. This could possibly be the fittest list we have all year too.

1 Like

That was farking fantastic.

Glad to see you are no longer a slow learner.

That was a great effort. If only he was that good at defending his own man.

I thought he was a little quiet, but I wasn’t feeling like it was a shocker.
Sitting on the 3rd level makes it difficult to assess individual games though.
Will watch the full replay tomorrow.

he was a run away from manning the mark blue away from being dropped.

Yep forwards looked a rabble tonight, but it’s hard to tell in a game of two distinct halves. We seemed to be scoring with a mid press. Their forwards generally had far more space
Two metre was only just serviceable. Just

His defensive efforts were deplorable and his direct opponent just fkg torched him on every occasion

3 Likes

To add to that, two rebuilding bottom 4 sides fended off top 4 sides to win today.
Adelaide held their nerve to beat Geelong despite the mountain of injuries.
Sydney thrashed Brisbane away.

We couldn’t hold a 40 point lead against a bottom 4 Hawthorn at home. That’s why this loss is particularly disappointing.

We have to cop the bad loss and address it next week. No running away from this one.

6 Likes

Can Parish pleased be played in the midfield more often!

3 Likes

look you see it, i see it, @saladin sees it, probably even nino sees it.

but for some reason we need all our players to be able to play 4 different roles, and parish role is to sit in the forward pocket and not get the ball.

3 Likes