2023 BBFFL#2 Discussion

1). Yes, lists need to be trimmed to 30 maximum now . (32 is the max during the season, depending on if you have any long term injuries.)

1. yes, a date will be listed at which you must lock in 20 players (maximum) from your list as your “keepers” , prior to the draft. This year, that cutoff is at 7.30 pm, March 7. The balance of your players are then placed into the draft pool for anyone to select. You’ll then take 10 draft picks to begin the season with a full complement of 30.

2. Long term injury list:. The immediate need is to determine if anyone on your list is currently injured eg - Mick Hurley with his hip - and whether you wish to keep them in your final 20. If you do, a “mini draft” will be held at completion of main draft for any coaches who have an LTI in their keeper list in order to select an extra player. Only players that have been on your list in 2021, and retained in the keepers , are eligible. If you trade for an already injured player, they won’t be LTI eligible. If you draft an already injured player, ditto.

The basic LTI rules are as follows: A player must be listed as injured and expected to miss 8 weeks minimum. You apply to a designated person ( last few years, it’s been me) to have LTI status granted. If granted, you may list an additional player via the draft or weekly free agency as cover. A maximum of two LTI’s is allowed at any given time. Your list is never larger than 32 players. If your injured player returns to the field earlier than the 8 weeks , you cannot select that player in your weekly team. At completion of 8 weeks, and if the injured player is competing again, you must drop a player from your list. It need not be the original covering player, it can be another.

“Injured” can also include retired or personal leave (Tippa currently, for example) and we will give consideration to "indefinite " or “TBA” as meeting the 8 week requirement period. Clubs don’t always officially list the injuries with the AFL site, but if we can find other info we’ll take that into account.

1. Yep, any player of any position can be used in your utility slot. It was introduced to offer some assistance in reducing the chance of being unable to field a full side due to not having enough playing centres.

Hth.

3 Likes

Thanks Sal

Thanks a lot. That definitely helps. Better go and study squad. It seems pretty light in for backs!

One more. In the league settings it said “no trades” or “trades not allowed” or something. I assume that was because trades had yet to be turned on for the year?

Trades will be done/ announced in here, League admin will then change it in UF.

1 Like

Thanks

have registered. head so far out of it, trade per is going to be challenging and some retirements mean i’ve got some decisions to make now on which direction to take the squad in hmmmm. Is the current draft order in here somewhere?

1 Like

Current draft order

http://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/2022-bbffl-2-draft-order/24651/2

Current squads

http://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/bbffl-2-current-squads-as-at-8-february-2022/612/35

1 Like

of course other thread.

Ivan (8) 68,86,99,104,122,140,158,176

:frowning:

It could be worse

@Speedy_Gonzales (6) 70,113,124,142,160,178

Or could be better

@Crazy_Bomber (15) 5,9,16,23,32,34,41,59,69,77,88,95,106,131,149

2 Likes

Newbie questions.
How do I see what everyone else’s lists are for trading?
How do I see what players aren’t on anyones roster?

Or does this all happen after our lists are 20 long?

Current squads thread that redbull linked to above will have all of the squads as they stand. The draft pool will be established once all teams nominate their keepers (bringing squads down from 30 to 20), with the addition of the new draftees.

Teams can trade any of their 30 players from now until the trade deadline.

2 Likes

thank you…utility? is that a player of any position?

yes it is.
You’ll find that mid-season in the free agent pool there won’t be many centres or rucks, so a good idea to consider that in your early drafting. A few teams for example will play an extra mid or extra ruck in the utility spot which is good for both making sure you have 18 players each week and generally pretty good for point scoring.

2 Likes

Signed up for this season! Will post about trades over the weekend.

3 Likes

Just getting into it now, so feel free to hit me up with anything although as I have said to my suitors, still in youth and rebuild mode so keep that in mind!

Not sure CB needed that assistance to shoot up the ladder Sal!

Preference would be for teams that actually need help!

sal obviously has the hot tip that Mill’s achilles is hanging on by a thread.

1 Like

Only one other coach contacted me , unfortunately.

Happy for other offers, especially from the lower sides. As mentioned previously, I’m not demanding the world, but I don’t necessarily need to move any others.

1 Like

Is there a simple list of player positions for the new draftees this season, can’t seem to find anything on UF without searching the individual player

Not sure personally.

This spreadsheet on the AFL site is pretty good. It has all players by 2021 average so could filter those with an average of 0. Also has an age for each player so could also filter by DOB.
https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/document/2022/02/10/cea8a8db-8718-4eb9-9b48-5328046c1241/AFL-Fantasy-Draft-Spreadsheet.xlsx

From this page

1 Like