2023 BBFFL#2 Discussion

Smith putting in a stinker with 41 with a quarter left and Dale on 51 not much better. Game even with likely 4 v 4!

Well done @Crazy_Bomber. I’m calling you as home with a quarter to go. 148 points up

1 Like

Well done CB. May. I be the first to congratulate you, as I am humble.

2 Likes

Congrats to CB.

Had an awesome season with a Premiership team built from trading.

Bad luck to Speedy, still had a good year but just not quite there.

2 Likes

BBFFL#2 2022 Grand Final Result

@Crazy_Bomber 1518 defeated @Speedy_Gonzales 1403

Subject to any late adjustments

Congratulations @Crazy_Bomber. You have become the second BBFFL#2 coach, after Redbull in 2018, to go through a season undefeated. Well done.

2 Likes

Great job, CB. Congrats on a fantastic year, undefeated and clearly the best squad in the comp. Enjoy the well deserved glory.

Condolences to Speedy, didn’t quite get what you needed on Friday / Saturday and it was going to be tough despite a very good Sunday. You’ll be back , no doubt.

2 Likes

Many thanks to Red for running the comp again this year. A mountain of work and much appreciated.

Many thanks to all coaches , both during the trade and draft periods, and also just across the general year. Enjoy your offseasons.

4 Likes

An undefeated season ends with a premiership!

Inherited a wooden spoon list having taken the boys to the promised land just a few years later.

Commiserations to @Speedy_Gonzales, a very worthy year indeed! You were an aggressive challenger and gave me a good challenge in the big one. You’ll be back. It wasn’t my best performance this weekend but it was enough to get the job done.

Thanks to @redbull for running an excellent competition. I look forward to beating everyone again next year.

4 Likes

Well done CB. Deserved the win after a stunning season. Your commitment to FF is phenomenal and it’s good to see you get the rewards. Well done on being a premiership winning coach in both leagues!!

3 Likes

What’s the record for most consecutive wins?

HUMBLE

You keep sooking whilst I bathe in the premiership cup filled with your tears!

1 Like

Congrats CB.
You are ruthless at the trade table and it’s paid off. I look forward to being rolled by you in the upcoming trade period.

Thanks @redbull for running this shindig.

2 Likes

for @redbull

1 Like

I haven’t played AFL Fantasy since we started our comp 11 years ago i think.

Is it similar to UF?

Same scoring. Mostly similar positions. It’s all about trading though given the price changes.

1 Like

What is a Category league?

I wonder if that is like Fantasy NBA/NHL where instead of total fantasy points, your head-to-head match-up is based on each statistical category (kicks, marks, handballs, goals, hit outs, etc)? That would add a different element to it!

1 Like

I think it is.
On BigFooty there was a post about this:

I’m not sure how close it is to UF though.

I’m kinda hoping UF continues for another season.
I’m not confident AFL Fantasy will have the functionality that UF has.

Yeah I played an NBA Fantasy league like that about 10+ years ago. The team I had was Dwight Howard at his DPOTY best, Blake Griffin and Kris Humphris (before he dated a Kardashian/Jenner), so I don’t think I lost a rebounding match-up all year. FT% was cooked though! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes