2022 Draft Watch (Part 2)

Seems to be a feeling out there that Hewett could slide- a Pou, Hewett, Davey, Davey, Munkara haul would be exciting.

17 Likes

Sure would.
Three first year players pushing hard for debuts, and two with high ceilings.
Getting that real baby bombers excitement.

1 Like

The systems rigged mate.

1 Like

@THE_DON1
Thoughts on Josh Bennetts as a rookie or SSP pick?
Won EFL best and fairest last year and this year Eastern ranges BnF also.

His lack of speed, poor kicking and lack of versatility are what he lacks. I compare him to Dylan Clarke slightly, a better kick but not a strong endurance runner like Clarke

Pretty sure he is hawks NGA so if anyone takes him it will be them

1 Like

Does Cal release his phantom draft today?

Talk about damning with faint praise.

3 Likes

Not a glowing endorsement :joy:

He said later today

1 Like

I think those Northern based academies were exempted from that. Only the NGAā€™s were targeted.

1 Like

If it were at the same time it would sound like the plot of a round the twist episode.

5 Likes

There are murmurs inside the walls one Victorian club about they should take in the first round. Which way will they go? We predict the first 30 selections.

The Herald Sun is so articulate with their headlines :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I mean, Iā€™m also kind of intrigued that he gets a 30 possession game in state seniors in September and somehow heā€™s gone from #20 early in the year to ā€˜who?ā€™ late in the year.

1 Like

Seems like all the articles the last couple of days have basically been rehashes of previous days stuff just rebranded.

Seems like the clubs have gone into lockdown.

2 Likes

Twomey will have the mail on both Philipou and Tsatsas today.

With that he will finalise his phantom.

He only does a first round right?

I guess thatā€™s fair enough, Sydney only have exclusive access to 1000 young kids so wouldnā€™t be right if they missed out on another 3 heeneys

2 Likes

They probably would ā€¦if they had a pick before 40. Their first pick is 53.

1 Like

I mean there is a reason that he will be drafted at a similar range to what Clarke did. If Clarke could kick I have no doubt he would be an AFL regular.

1 Like

Fox Footy has us taking Phillipou at 5 & Hewett linked to our second pickā€¦

Phillipou
Hewett
Davey
Davey
Munkara

ITā€™S HAPPENING!!!

22 Likes