2022 Round 10 vs Richmond - Match Review

What I’m frustrated about is this kick to the pack on the boundary.
It’s not a tactic.
It’s not even a play.
It’s a kick in hope.
We do it over and over again and it fails us constantly, yet we persist with it.

It is lazy footy on so many levels.

26 Likes

So let the crows replace Essendon

What a legend haha.

1 Like

Another Rutten fark up.

BRING YOUR MOUTHGUARDS

EXTEND RUTTEN

WE WILL LEARN MOVING FORWARD

We out tackled them and actually stood up for ourselves.

The issue wasn’t effort. The issue is we aren’t very good.

15 Likes

Fair play to Sheil. Going into last quarter he had equal second tackles on ground. Not saying he had a great game but not sure that is a good thing or a bad thing.

2 Likes

Big whoop it fcking did nothing

I knew they wouldn’t kick another goal, just wanted the finish line.

Garbage club, it’s the admin causing this Inc coaching group in the admin.

We have all seen these players ( last year ) play completely different to this year.

We all know there is a major problem internally but EFC have gotten better at keeping it in house, so they have improved in one area

2 Likes

Is the lack of fitness the issue for lack of spread?

2 Likes

Ok being serious for half a sec.

From people who were a training Thursday I heard we busted our ■■■■■ off and it was most urgent the team sprinted to get in position and be an option for the change of direction switch and it was awesome.

What I think happened tonight is we over cooked ourselves at training, because there was zero of that gut running evident anywhere.

Most of the time we went forward we had nothing there, and the players that were high up the ground were not moving fast enough to be a viable option.

Tackling was there, skills were down, but not so sure we helped ourselves with that.

3 Likes

Today just 100% proves it’s our garbage game plan and selection committee.

3 Likes

Half the team wouldn’t normally get a game at our club either.

2 Likes

We are nowhere near Richmond in ability.

2 Likes

What about when Merrett has it in the middle of the field and kicks it 40 meters sideways to the wing. Then we kick it down the line to a pack.

3 Likes

Messaged this to a mate tonight:

disappointing but at least we tried. Think about this:
Heppel & Smith cooked
Cutler, Hind, Kelly, Waterman & Guelfi not best 22
Hobbs, Reid, Bryan & Martin less than 10 games
Draper, Perkins, Durham less than 30 games

That’s 14 players meaning we’re relying on 10 ‘veterans’ no wonder we’re struggling!

11 Likes

Some of the tough stuff seemed a fake and because boofheads on Fox Footy called for it.

There was a bit more effort at the ball, but sometimes it highlighted how off we are as a true team. Blokes spoiling each other’s marks etc.

And with that was a renewed, stripped back game plan. If we showed the same intent with the usual plan, would we still get done by six goals by a middle table team? It’s hard to say, but maybe.

The output of Merrett and McGrath is very concerning. Draper probably having less impact than Bryan.

Shiel seems to have checked out and I don’t blame him. We haven’t got the best out of him, the trade hasn’t worked, and I think mostly it’s on us for having a ■■■■ team around him and not playing him in a way where he can use his best attributes.

Brand, Wanga, Ridley and Jones should all play next week. And eventually we may as well give McBride a go.

Every single Essendon player could have finished with 30+ disposals but it makes no difference. We will still lose. The game plan is flawed.

2 Likes

Well that was… barely better than last week… ?
I wonder how many contract extensions it will be worth at executive level?..

2 Likes

How can anyone be happy? “yeah at least we gave effort”

FCK OFF

7 Likes