2023 BBFFL#2 Draft Discussion Thread

Wardlaw.

2 Likes

New thread setup

1 Like

Sorry for delay, had to check 8 times Sheezel was still available

2 Likes

I thought I was a chance to end up with Sheezel in both comps until you stole my thunder! Happy with Humphrey at 9 though. Its early days, but there seems to be decent depth of quality fantasy players from the 2022 AFL draft.

3 Likes

The only downside with Sheezel is it means I have about half my team from North, but he was too good to pass up as someone who should hold a non-C position for a long time (either F or B).

I wasnā€™t going to take Wardlaw if available for same reason, I thought I was probably going to get Clarke going in

3 Likes

tough choice from here. those top 10 seemed pretty settled picks.

1 Like

The Bulldogs have a new player who went well on the weekend. Liam Jones is his name.

3 Likes

#4 Elijah Tsatas - Essendon

Had him at #2 on my list, so really happy to get him here. My top 3 were Ashcroft, Tsatas and McKenzie, so Ace taking the Pou had me doing the Dodoro fist pump. I expect Tsatas to be an AFL fantasy machine, and to form the backbone of a rebuilding team.

4 Likes

Tough pick. Was hoping for a slider to get through to 12. Still happy with Cowan though. Hopefully he gets a few games early.
Not quite sure how Iā€™ve ended up with half of Carltonā€™s backline.

3 Likes

Oliver Hollands was pretty vanillaā€¦next best drsfted midfielder. But fark carlton have a good midfield so if he is looking like getting a wing early rounds then heā€™s looking the goods

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay. Found the spreadsheet a bit awkward on the phone and wanted a quick look before drafting.

I wanted a defender , had Cowan as the first preference - urrgh, Fark Carlton!! - Weddle was next. The shortened practice match schedule made things tough to really get a handle on, but supposedly he had a decent VFL hitout and Hawthorn view him as a half back / wing prospect. Hoping Day gets more midfield time and Weddle slots in at half back. Iā€™m not 100 percent confident in his outright FF scoring potential but weā€™ll see over the next year or two.

3 Likes

Very pleased with Ginbey at 7

5 Likes

Yes, I was praying for a miracle. Reckon heā€™s a cracking prospect in this game.

2 Likes

It was Wardlaw or Gibney at my pick.

Really was a toss of the coin with Tsatas gone.

1 Like

Iā€™d have taken him at 4 if the other 3 I liked were gone

1 Like

Just a heads up tomorrow Iā€™m flat out at work between 9am - 6pm. But Iā€™ll try and get on when itā€™s my pick.

Nozza is at school from 8:30-3:30 and wonā€™t have his mobile.

3 Likes

I reckon weā€™ll get to both of you tonight for round 1.

You speak and @cafegerat delivers

Foggy and Noa back to back now

1 Like

Cadman will average 100 wonā€™t he?

I wondered how far he would fall down the list. Questions about seeing him early, but a long term investment for sure