2023 Blitz & Friends Charity Footy Game - Olympic Park, Sunday Feb 26 2023

Facebook event link here:

4 Likes

Love your work @nickers .

Donations now up to over $700!

3 Likes

Nice!

Facebook tells me it’s twelve months since the last game.
I’m afraid I have to accept that the game has finally passed me, but I did organise the day off just in case so I’ll probably trundle down and make a nuisance of myself.

6 Likes

Bump

1 Like

How are you going for numbers, @scotty21 ?

Looking ok. Just over 20 confirmed

1 Like

Bit of a hike from the UK but hope it goes well. Donated.

2 Likes

Donations now up over $850

Numbers wise very confident will have the numbers for 15 a side.

5 Likes

GAME WEEK

2 Likes

Not to late to join if you’d like to have a run.

ANNOUNCE CAPTAINS

@brem06
@THE_DON1

1st one to pick whites or colours gets their choice of shirt.

Colours are 3-0 :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Colours yeah!!!

1 Like

And there we go

Team @THE_DON1 Coloured
Team @brem06 Whites

Teams will be assigned on the day by the selection commitee of @nickers and I. We’ll try and keep them as even as possible and as in the past will action midgame trades if we have to.

A reminder, if you’re playing for the 1st time or bringing a 1st timer you’ll need to self grade.

3 - Played any level of footy
2 - No footy background but good fitness
1 - Its the only time you’ll leave the couch all
year.

I dont arrive back from the gold coast untill 1145am sunday so im not going to be able to come this year :smiling_face_with_tear:

Great work guys. Have donated. I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic day.

1 Like

CAPTAINCY MATERIAL

1 Like

Really looking forward to this, thanks for the captaincy nod @scotty21 it’s a tremendous honour and maybe the highlight of my career.

I think it’s important for a captain to understand that we’re a bunch of unique individuals. We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to play from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. I’m not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with me. But that’s okay, because just like you, I care. Just like you, I’m passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Sunday morning, because we just love the footy.

13 Likes

And here is my address as captain

6 Likes

Not so much an address. More a postcode.

3 Likes