2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

That’s messed up, thought I moved Finn into wing but it was Mead. Ah this system is crazy.

Would lost anyway, but congratulations on the win @Blummers32!

2 Likes

The Good…

• Only four players on my list don’t make team sheet Thursday. It’s refreshing to see. Eagerly awaiting for Brayden Cook, Paddy Dow, Dev Robertson and Jeremy Sharp to get a good run of games this season.
  • Three tonnes this week. Two of them are averaging that this year. Again… Refreshing…
  • So glad for Roberts, Matthew Johnson and Oscar Allen to score well. I cannot wait to see what these guys can do when they get closer to 100 career games.

The Average…

• Emergencies and subs. I had 3 emergencies this week and 3 subs (Hind, Mackenzie and Bytel). It’s good that they are on the fringes, but I’m hoping they punch through into the 22 more often. Would love to see Sheldrick and Foley get some games soon.
  • Dependable scoring. They aren’t smashing it, but Farrell, Jack Buckley, McKenna and Bailey Scott are making it easy to keep them in the 18 for now.
  • Whilst I am 3-2 and could have been 4-1, I am suspect that my team is scoring rather mediocrely. I’ve only scored above 1300 once and the rest of the scores range between 1210 and 1270. It’s far better than last year, but it’s still a long way off the pace.

The Ugly…

• Team selection almost cost me this week. I should have realised Reeves was going to score more than his mid 40s given GWS barely have a ruck going around. That was my bad.
  • Kane Turner and Cunningham are stinking up. Turner will be sent to the F/A pool. Cunningham needs to go to the bench. That Oleg Markov dropping after round 1 is going to come back to bite me.
  • The rollercoaster ride of form. JUH is still developing but his best so far this season isn’t quite cutting it. Luke Ryan has continued on his Jekyll & Hyde routine since being drafted.

Congrats mate. Definitely deserved the win.

We’re kinda spluttering and misfiring a bit for various reasons, but not long ago this squad was scoring 1200 on a good week, now it’s 1250-1300 on troublesome weeks so we have to accept that.

The Newcombe score was galling, he gets anywhere near that last week and we win.

I think this side has a 1400 in it at full strength, but I’m not sure we’ll see it this year. I think we’ll bounce around that 1300-1350 ceiling and maybe give others a headache or two. But there’s a bit of potential improvement with Kennedy having a poor outing , Kosi below par and Lyons maybe close to getting a start. Also, Ned Long went ok in his second AFL game.

The ruck situation is probably unsolvable until / If 2mp returns.

The good

• 1479 round score. Could/should have been 1500+ with better team selection and/or a couple of players performing well under par

• closing in on a regular 80 avg each week

• another win. Would have beaten 16 teams

• investment in youth looks to be paying off

The average/bad

• Ken Hinckley. Killing me with how he deploys Durham

• reliance on a handful of players to score big to carry the team at 80 ppg

@Dunlop
What’s the lockout for this round?
Sunday when the teams for the final game is finalised?

FAs have been processed.

@Windy_Dill pick was void as Connor West isn’t available (he’s on JBaller’s list).

Now that we’ve had 5 weeks of FAs to get used to the available player thread, I will be processing void picks (like the above) rather than just going to their next preferred choice.

In this week’s case, it didn’t really matter. Windy would have still had Anthony Scott and Harrison Petty.

On a personal note…
I’m glad to be rid of Kayne Turner.
Long may he live on the FA list.
I wasn’t expecting to end up with Miller though.

2 Likes

Also…
Whilst we’re at it…
Would anyone object to me bringing the deadline forwards to 10:30pm instead of 11pm?
I’m becoming a bit more of an old fart and trying to get an earlier night’s sleep.

Speak up if you have a problem with it.

6 Likes

A little earlier would suit better tbh, I usually fall asleep then forget to pick up my player in time (just like last week)

1 Like

Yeah. I can bring it back to 10pm.
I think West Coast and Freo sometimes get their injury list info at around 9pm at the very latest (but they may be getting it in earlier of late).
10pm does suit me well, but I probably won’t begin processing them until around 10:15pm or 10:30pm.

Also…
LOL…

I took Ben Miller. The English comedian…

Having trouble picking up Lachlan Murphy

Edit: Got him in now!

Price of cake! 7.30a my time but I send them before I go to bed or before my run!

1 Like

Wouldn’t be a problem for me. I usually get mine early, probably way to early anyway

1 Like

Works for me if you bring the timing of free agency forward.

1 Like

Omg, omg, omg, MAX IS BACK!

My prayers have finally been answered, some of these topliners are finally coming back

Rd 6 LOCKOUT: No lockout (rolling version instead)

Final teams for Anzac Day likely won’t drop until (5pm) after the start of the final Sunday game, so there’s little point in a lockout to prevent people seeing 1 game’s scores.

Cheers CB, you were extremely unlucky to catch me on a Stoops-esque Cinderella week, I’m sure the side’s reversion to pumpkin status is imminent.

I’d chalk the performance up to 2 things: berating the Haw/Gee players for rocking up for a leisurely Easter brunch against the Trotters (I’m sure Tuohy didn’t mind), and whilst I didn’t end up having time to write it, I’d mapped out a Coach Dunlop article whereby our opposition analysis had found no glaring weaknesses (we’d taught them some Bjork songs, but we weren’t hopeful), so we’d hired a hypnotist to convince the group they were playing Stoops…evidently they still love playing Stoops.

3 Likes

Correction to the above, Monday teams will be finalised at 5pm on Saturday as normal, but per the Traders the Anzac Day teams won’t be finalised until 6.20pm on Monday - which is odd - maybe a concession for 7?.

1 Like

Nankervis and De Koning both out meaning I have no rucks. Rough.

Hi all,

Keep a close eye on your teams.
Mine did something weird. I switched players around on Thursday, then checked my team and it was fine. I checked it again last night and it had an empty spot in my back 6.
I’m pretty sure it’s very difficult to do that unless you actually drop a player, or switch them to another spot on the field. For me it was Luke Foley who only has B status.

Anyway…
Just keep an eye on your team.

4 Likes

Who is hoarding all the rucks? That position is killing me. But good to see me returning to (poor) form.