2023 Finals Thread

And it’s not until week

There is a rumour going around that the finals announcement was delayed until this morning due to a couple of Dees players and possible concussion protocols. As they played yesterday the mandatory 12 days would mean they wouldn’t be able to face Collingwood on Thursday so there was a provision to move that game to Saturday so they waited until players were cleared before announcing finals at 6:45am this morning

1 Like

Go GWS.

1 Like

Bedford copping a week is pretty devastating for them. He and Daniels are crucial to them.

I’m pi$sed off at that. Want THE ORANGE TEAM to do damage this finals series.

Weitering all clear of course :roll_eyes:

1 Like

sydney won 6 games this season by a kick. A few more by two.

Handed a finals berth by one of the most corrupt goal umpiring decisions ive seen.

Who knows how many of the above under similar convenient late minute decisions.

I dont normally say this about the scum.

But i hope they absolutey bury the ■■■■■■■.

Pies
Bris
Carl
Saints

Bris and Blues the biggest margins.
Saints the closest in a dour RTB affair.
I think Pies have been waiting for this for a month now and they always list at the G in finals. That should be the game of the round.

Part of me really wants the FC vs Klan match in week 2. It would be the biggest game of footy this city has seen for a very very long time.

1 Like

You want FC winning a final before us?

They already have :sweat_smile:

It means one of them is eliminated so I can get on board with it.

Oh ■■■■

Don’t be silly.

We know what an elimination final is.

We just don’t know what follows that.

Saw this article. What a joke for those u14 boys.

Isn’t it just playing extra games?
What’s the issue?
Ten teams play. The top 5 play off for finals. The next 5 just play for the placings.

Changes that happened, the top team couldn’t play during a week. They shouldn’t have been playing midweek in the 1st place.

I’m still confused what the issue is.
The team that finished 10th can only finish as high as 6th.

I also didn’t get the relevance to the discussion if the team finishes top belting everyone else, they have the same chance of winning as the team they play in the first week. Isn’t that the case with any finals series?

Not sure I understood the issue around playing midweek either. Why was a school event booked during a weekend in finals?

Schools don’t really change events like a camping trip to accommodate outside of school sport. The decision to change the previous format was done 2 months ago.
Seems as though decides to change finals format to suit himself.
As in the interview he says he’s understanding of school events and camps and other things but really isn’t a warm hearted fellow.
They are playing night games and calling it finals during the week.
As in extending the finals format to the other tiers. I don’t get it either.

Yeah…
So if it was a normal finals series, wouldn’t they still have clashed with the school event anyway?
This was the team that finished 1st on the ladder.
Unless there was supposed to be a week break between the season and finals before the change in July.

It seems like it started as a aimed towards ‘giving everyone an award’ but didn’t quite eventuate that way.

1 Like

No it wouldn’t have clashed because they don’t play during the week. Usually Saturday Sunday sport. They could have just played it on a Friday night, then had the next games on a Sunday. Kids are pretty durable.

1 Like

Wait. I’m lost here.
Didn’t it get moved to during the week because of the weekend camps?
Or was it just stupidly scheduled to be middle of the week?