2023 From Long Range Competition - FINAL Results

It’s back for season 2023! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!

Now in its 17th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.

Past winners include:

2007 Sloots
2008 Mero
2009 swoodley
2010 #11
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
2012 WindyDill
2013 Paddyl90
2014 Ivan
2015 Quietachiever
2016 CrazyBomber
2017 Paddyl90
2018 Klawdy
2019 swoodley, samwoods, Cyberbomber
2020 Yossarian
2021 Lifetime_ban
2022 samwoods

This year’s prize has once again come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon. It’s something a little different – a choice of two custom jumpers that I had made up a long time ago! These jumpers have no provenance but they are somewhat unique - neither jumper has any advertising logos or AFL badges. Both are XXL as they were designed to be worn over other layers. I’d choose the long sleeve if I won. Refer to the How old to wear a Football jumper to a game? thread for advice on this.

So as there is a choice of prize, whichever jumper is leftover after the winner has chosen one will be randomly allocated to another Blitzer. You can be a loser and still win!

Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:

1. You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
  2. Download the entry spreadsheet from here Your Blitz Name.xls
  3. Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
  4. Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 207 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
  5. Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces). Give it about 24 hours to be processed as I’m not checking that inbox too often.*
  6. You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday16th March 2023, 19:20 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
  7. Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
  8. Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
  9. In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
  10. Darren Bewick
  11. Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
  12. Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
  13. All “ladders” will be sent in the replies your entry emails.
  14. Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.

*I will be travelling during February and early March so don’t expect that your entry will be processed until after 8 March.

Go for it!

2023 Entry List (49)
3232bomber
AnnStBomber
Away Teams
Bboy10
BomberAbroad
BomberMcVeigh
Borneo13tk2
Bush
Captain_Jack
coldblood
Crazy Bomber
CyberBomber
dbeas
Dodga
Esteban
Fairybread
falcon 1500
Frankston_Bomber2005
Home Teams
HurleyBurley
jackman7
james98
Kj_11
Klawdy
Koala
Lifetime Ban
Mackster
Muriel_St_Bomber
nickers
No.10
paddyl90
percebushby
PHBomber
Quietachiever
redbull
Robthommo
samwoods
Scotty21
stuka
SWEATYMAN
swoodley
thegeoffrode
Vince_Black
Vozdog
Windy Dill
Windyhill
Wrighty05
Yossarian
Zimmer

10 Likes

yay!

2 Likes

It’s that time already!!

6 Likes

Yep I’ll go again. Always good fun

1 Like

Woohoo.

Have a great holiday and come back refreshed to run the best tipping comp ever!!!

4 Likes

Awesome! I’m excited this is back. Last year was my first time, so I’m hoping I can improve my form this year haha.
Thanks again for organizing bomber! :blush:

2 Likes

Great to know it’s on again, thanks BMcV

1 Like

You beauty!

1 Like

Yay, Here is my chance to hit back after the second year blues hit last year (fark Carlton). Watch out y’all, I’m coming for yo prizes and I’ll do a Putin on yo as-ses.

1 Like

Thanks BomberMcVeigh. I’ve been hanging out for this.

1 Like

Not only is this THE highlight of the pre-season, it means the real season starts here. I am an unabashed fan of this comp, still the only tipping competition that l partake of. Many thanks once again BMcV for running this for Blitzers sake.

4 Likes

Will give this a crack for the first time this year.

2 Likes

Great news! Now I will try and identify 2 teams that will do unexpectedly well and 2 teams that will unexpectedly tank and … perhaps I’m over thinking it.

1 Like

Excellent. I’ve just sent my entry in. This’ll be my year - I feel it in my water.

2 Likes

My tippas are in!

2 Likes

There’s 2 mistakes I always make, and will make again in '23.

• Tipping us to win too many games
  • Tipping Fark carlton to lose too many
2 Likes

The first mistake is understandable.
The second mistake is even more understandable.

3 Likes

Yep - Fark Carlton cost me the trophy last year.

Didn’t need anymore reason to hate them but there it is.

3 Likes

The Winning Entry :champagne: :beer: has just been lodged.

Melbourne 20
Brisbane 19
Geelong 19
Fremantle 16
Richmond 16
Carlton 15
Sydney 15
Port Adelaide 14
Collingwood 13
GWS 13
Gold Coast 11
Western Bulldogs 11