It’s back for season 2023! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!
Now in its 17th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.
Past winners include:
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
2019 swoodley, samwoods, Cyberbomber
This year’s prize has once again come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon. It’s something a little different – a choice of two custom jumpers that I had made up a long time ago! These jumpers have no provenance but they are somewhat unique - neither jumper has any advertising logos or AFL badges. Both are XXL as they were designed to be worn over other layers. I’d choose the long sleeve if I won. Refer to the How old to wear a Football jumper to a game? thread for advice on this.
So as there is a choice of prize, whichever jumper is leftover after the winner has chosen one will be randomly allocated to another Blitzer. You can be a loser and still win!
Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:
- You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
- Download the entry spreadsheet from here Your Blitz Name.xls
- Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
- Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 207 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
- Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces). Give it about 24 hours to be processed as I’m not checking that inbox too often.*
- You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday16th March 2023, 19:20 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
- Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
- Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
- In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
- Darren Bewick
- Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
- Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
- All “ladders” will be sent in the replies your entry emails.
- Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.
*I will be travelling during February and early March so don’t expect that your entry will be processed until after 8 March.
Go for it!
2023 Entry List (49)