2023 into 2024 trade talk (Part 4)

Fake news me thinks

7 Likes

yep. That didn’t happen so much it made other things that did happen not happen.

2 Likes

No idea if this is true, the like is for seeing that phrase being used here in any context.

1 Like

No.

4 Likes

Points for spelling mistake in FindingNino referencing post

2 Likes

Possibly the worst idea I’ve heard in a long time.

Pick up one useless player as a stop gap to see if two useless players develop.

4 Likes

I can picture houli douli shaking his head and saying “hooley dooley!” right now, such is the vehemence with which his Marlion Pickett suggestion has been pilloried.

Go easy on the self flagellation HD. Live to fight another day

2 Likes

Cmon, everyone. Dools is trying here. We need a player with the skillset he outlined. Sure, Pickett doesn’t fit the bill, but our options for 2025 are pretty limited.

I still appreciate you, Dools. Even if Blitz doesn’t today

2 Likes

Just draft Kako or Berry.

4 Likes

If Dools’ had suggested we get Marlio Pickett purely so he can flip off opposition fans all year like he did at Kardinia Park a few weeks ago, he would easily be the most popular poster on Blitz this morning

3 Likes

You’ve somewhat misquoted me.

I finished the post mentioning Caldwell.

The point being that for everything you’d have to give up for Harley, we’re currently getting 80% of his expected output from Jye… at no extra cost

With Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, Durham, Tsatas, Hobbs, Setterfield already on the list is another mid, as good as he is, really adding to our Premiership credentials?

Would rather save my money for Aaron Cadman

I reckon Caleb Daniels could be a good pick up. Fallen out with Beverige and can’t get a game. Still only 28 and will player for another 3-4 years. I haven’t seen much of him this season but recall him being a good rebounder and kick out of defence. Probably replace Heppell and push Roberts.

4 Likes

Unless someone is a clear upgrade on the best 22 for the next 2+ years, then we shouldn’t be recruiting them unless they’re a draftee.

We don’t have the list spots to take someone who is sometimes best 22, sometimes depth. Or who we immediately want to upgrade.

8 Likes

Dont need Cadman now that we have Caddy

1 Like

I would take cadman in a heartbeat that would be our two big forwards sorted for the next decade

4 Likes

Some would argue Daniels is an upgrade on Heppell

1 Like

Would Heppell even be in most Blitzer’s best 22?

Players who haven’t made it at another club but who should…yeah, trade for them. Players who are past their best and being dropped…yeah nah.

2 Likes