2023 trade talk (Part 1)

Three players who would all be in the WEagles best 22 for Reid. That is a steep price to pay.

I read somewhere we had a few key players we were looking for, does anyone have any idea who they are? Surely a key forward/key defender?

no one in the market really attracts me, i personally think we keep developing reid cox and co

1 Like

McGovern, Zac Williams + Carltonā€™s No.1 pick for Harley Reid ?

Editā€¦jokes

1 Like

Worth it, kid is unique

Lukosious someone ill desperately try to bring in if im in charge

Theyā€™re waisting him up forward, he was starting to come on nicely when on the halfback flank and working up the wings

him as a half word along with langford and perkins will be absolutely deadly

Hope weā€™re not tempted to chase Gresham. A high-quality free agent small forward makes sense, but I donā€™t think heā€™s that player for us.

7 Likes

About to re-sign with Saints i think

1 Like

Perkins and Hobbs arenā€™t sticks. Neither was Tsatas. Talls take longer; which talls were available at our picks that are doing so much better? If you want talls with elite talent, they mostly take time.

Despite being older he wasnā€™t doing much more than Bryan at VFL level.

3 Likes

Interesting stats and point taken but thereā€™s always an argument to be had with taking on any player.
The last few years just to name a couple have been Dunkley and De Goey which would be amazing players for us.
Flip will possibly retire this year or next and we are light on for talls.
From all reports we have the cap space and the kids 23 which fits our age demographic.
IMO I think the kid has a lot of potential and it sounds like thereā€™s a chance to pry him off FC.

Yeah he might cost us our pick 10ish but watch dodoro pick Reidā€™s slim brother with that pick or similar which will take 3-4 years to get their body fit for afl.

1 Like

Under contract but Iā€™d be making an enquiry with Bailey Williams management. He is a beast, great age to partner with Draper long term. His forward craft isnā€™t bad either.

2 Likes

he is one of the worst players in the league

I think he can play, he was excellent last night.

1 Like

Does this mean you have given up on getting Gresham? I remember you were pushing his case a year or so ago.

no one in free agency class this year worth splashing money for, none of them

I say so

1 Like

His disposal is close to the worst in the comp.
Played ok last night until it came time to kick it and he hit our players on the chest constantly